Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,155 Posts
Has anyone trimmed their dash in leather? Thinking just the lower part and centre consol at the moment. As air bag will look carap if I trim top part, unless I trim it as well rendering it useless. Can't see any major issues apart from that.
Anyway I've never seen it done and can't think why not.

·
Super Moderator
22,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You used the Topgator stuff if I remember? happy with it? I'm only going for black, much as I've always wanted it to be red replacing seats and carpet would be a major undertaking.

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
Yep thats right - the leather was absolutely fantastic quality. I had a 40sq' hide and it only had two very small holes in which were easy to avoid when piecing it up. You'll need a lot less (I got two door cards out of it too and have enough left after the dash to do the tops of the doors too). Very happy with it and easy to work (about 1.5 mm thick and very supple). Its got quite a pronounced grain though which not everyone may like (some prefer a smoother finish on a dash). I love it though.

I used high temp upholstery spray adhesive to which is heat resistant to 120deg once set as it obviously gets a lot of sun exposure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.