Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
changing gear is over rated
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any ideas, cannot connect with the LM programmer software, tried on my old lappy with a serial port, just sits there. No errors on the LED etc. (yes the plug was in the other lead too). Gone through the calibration okay etc

Also what should be the default setting on it, just that I put in the "innovate LC1 default" in my TS project & changed the EGO to single wide band and I am getting very rich readings, no more than 10.5 AFM and only then at starting, drops off the scale when revved. With the oem narrowband sensor it fluctuates between 12-13 AFM at idle (but expect thats lieing to me anyhow) I did try to lean the cell the idle sits in and it lost idle and stalled, so believe my oem sensor was about right. Do I need to run through my free air calibration again or is something more fubar with it?

·
Registered
729 Posts
Why are you connecting it to the computer? - the stock configuration for wideband is what you want, you shouldnt need to edit it.

Do you have a gauge? If so, you could wire this up to the brown wideband output wire to get a reading from that which you could compare to what the MS is showing

·
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why are you connecting it to the computer? - the stock configuration for wideband is what you want, you shouldnt need to edit it.
want to make sure it is set correctly

·
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you have a gauge? If so, you could wire this up to the brown wideband output wire to get a reading from that which you could compare to what the MS is showing
will try that and see what it says

·
Premium Member
19,520 Posts
Check the inside of the phono jack for leftover swarf from the moulding process, I had a small piece which stopped the connection.

Also some can be a VERY tight fit, make 100% sure it's fully pushed home BTDT

Why wouldn't you want to?

I re-programmed mine for slightly more resolution. your engine will never be using AFR's of more than 10:1 or less than 20:1 so I reprogramed the 0-5v limits to be 10:1 & 20:1 respectively.

Every little helps, plus you can alter the response rate and check the analogue reading in TS matches the digitial reading in Logworks.

·
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Check the inside of the phono jack for leftover swarf from the moulding process, I had a small piece which stopped the connection.
spot on, routed out some swarf with the end of a zip tie, connects okay now

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.