Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have already posted my car in here when I first signed up, but I have a few plans for it this year, so thought I would start a new thread of my car

So... Bought it back in June 2012 for the HUGE sum of £600...
Its a1991 Mazda mx5 UK model, 1.6 16v 115bhp
Red in colour, but there are a few different shades across the car
Recently had a new roof with a heated glass rear window
K&N 57i air filter
MOMO steering wheel with the removable cover thing (love this free mod!)
No rust! (major rust anyway)

Not done much so far, so bare with me, but here's a few little things I have done (cheaply for now)

A little mod on the intake pipe

Removed this:

Blanked off:

Wrapped the pipe with aluminium tape to try and reduce the temperature a little bit:

Cleaned up the rear license plate holder

Not long after I bought it, once it had been cleaned:

Relocated the number plate

Cleaned out behind all the wheels, don't have a before picture unfortunately

Painted wheels satin black, and callipers florescent green/yellow

Also satin blacked the A pillar/windscreen surround and the wing mirrors - more out of necessity that form, but I like it

As I'm doing a degree in Autosport Engineering and Technology, I get to use some very tricky simulation software, and learn some very useful information/skills - so I will be taking advantage of this and applying it to my little car

The plans are...

-Design and fabricate an intake pipe/induction kit/air filter relocation to reduce the intake temperatures
-Design and fabricate a manifold back exhaust system
-Make some TSIs
-Purchase some coil overs, possibly new (to me) wheels too
-Design and fabricate a roll over bar, one that would probably help in a roll unlike the one i have now.
-Tart up the interior a bit
-Sort out a brake upgrade of some description, was only managing one fast lap of Oulton Park at a time before cooking them!

-Tidy up the engine bay, relocate some parts, clean it up etc

Not a massive list, but should prove to be fun for the time being

Lee

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Almost forgot, after getting fed up of essentially driving blind at night with my pathetic sealed lights - I purchased some projector headlights and a 6000k HID kit, was pretty reasonably priced and the quality of the light doesn't look too bad, will have to see how it is once its fitted.

Lee

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well found a nice pair of TSIs with indicator lenses already fitted and (unfortunately) a copy OEM splitter, which hasn't had the mounting brackets copied, or even attempted?! Anyhoo, got them as a bargain so sprayed them satin black and fitted them :) along with a brand new secondhand passenger electric window motor as mine broke

Lee

·
Registered
6,268 Posts
Lookin good pal!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.