Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I forked out a fair whack for a set of adjustable KYB agx's towards the end of last year.

I've just been reading a few reviews now and some people say that it loses damping and goes a bit soft within the first year, and also loses adjustability. This seems shocking to me. Anyone have any experience of this? I can't afford to be forking out for new shocks again.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
or are they just getting used to the ride

michael

·
Registered
425 Posts
kybs warranty if bought from an authorised dealer should cover any issues like that. deal with them through my work and always been spot on with the warranty side of things.
placebo effect i would say.

·
9 points, $20,000 and a lot of happiness.
20,813 Posts
They're crap.

Crap damping, crap build quality.

·
Registered
907 Posts
i've had then on 3 5's and loved them
Matt

·
9 points, $20,000 and a lot of happiness.
20,813 Posts
They're crap.

Crap damping, crap build quality.
maybe you got a shit set?
i'm not gonna claim they are the best shocks, but for the money they are reasonable i reckon. no better, but no worse than that.
[/quote]

Nope.

There are a fair few other reports of em being crap.
Can't be bothered searching right now, but there's also a few shock dyno graphs knocking around m.net that pretty much showed what i'd been saying for years.
The compression damping and rebound damping just do not match.

Thing is while i was running the AGX's i didn't think they seemed to bad.
It was only going back to stock shocks and springs that i realised exactly how bad they were.

Stock shocks and springs are better in every respect.

Cheers
Mark

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.