Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Founding father of the church of third day Benism
3,001 Posts
He likes gags. Or pillows to bite down on.. Craigo told me...

·
3,001 Posts

He goes down better now though. No prickly bits

·
Going nowhere slowly
5,422 Posts
Maybe you will feel different next summer but i can tottally understand were your coming from if you dont want to do it next year. It would be nice if you just turned up and sat back for a change though. There is far to many that take and dont give enough effort but thats the way these things are sometimes and i know from personal experince that some people will turn up ,eat, drink, party and do bugger all and never even take you to one side and says "cheers mate". It can be at bit disheartening but as i said it comes with the territory unfortunately.

That said i volunteering to Bring BBQ, Food, Tables, Charcoal and Wood, Fridges, Freezers etc etc as per last year

·
Daddys little soldier!
1,712 Posts
I don't quite know what to say.

Its a real shame if you do decide not to come mate, you are such a big part of Nutz. And I'll miss our pointless conversations. Please come and enjoy everyone elses organisation.

I also noticed that too few did far too much. Therefore I'll do what I can to help organise the next one.

·
3,001 Posts
Maybe you will feel different next summer but i can tottally understand were your coming from if you dont want to do it next year. It would be nice if you just turned up and sat back for a change though. There is far to many that take and dont give enough effort but thats the way these things are sometimes and i know from personal experince that some people will turn up ,eat, drink, party and do bugger all and never even take you to one side and says "cheers mate". It can be at bit disheartening but as i said it comes with the territory unfortunately.

That said i volunteering to Bring BBQ, Food, Tables, Charcoal and Wood, Fridges, Freezers etc etc as per last year
*Takes Jay to one side*

Thanks Mate!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
i have not realy got that much of a problem with doing the organising i rather enjoyed it, but i feel i need to take a break from events,
it isn't a problem that people don't get involved (it was put on for members after all) and i didn't do it for glory or thanks, i just feel that this year a bit too much has gone on in my life to be able to face
1 any organisation
2 any fallout/ grief that i will undoutedly get from other parties/ members of the forum, so it is much easier for myself to stay away from the event and everyone have a super time than to go to the event and have to deal with any form of trouble/animosity (its a self protection thing)

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
i have not realy got that much of a problem with doing the organising i rather enjoyed it, but i feel i need to take a break from events,
it isn't a problem that people don't get involved (it was put on for members after all) and i didn't do it for glory or thanks, i just feel that this year a bit too much has gone on in my life to be able to face
1 any organisation
2 any fallout/ grief that i will undoutedly get from other parties/ members of the forum, so it is much easier for myself to stay away from the event and everyone have a super time than to go to the event and have to deal with any form of trouble/animosity (its a self protection thing)
I'm sure theres more people would like to see ya there than not.we cant all get on with everyone all the time but at the end of the day its a car show and if anyones got problems they should put them on one side for a weekend and enjoy what no doubt will be a cracking weekend again

you did a great job last year so get ya arse there and enjoy........i for one owe ya few beers

·
3,001 Posts
*Takes Jay to one side*

Thanks Mate!
*Takes Ben to one side*

[/quote]

Anything but the baseball bat again Jay.. I couldnt sit down for a week after the last time you 'took me to one side'

Joking aside thanks for bringing the sound system, Fridge, freezer the use of your MPV.. Mucho gratis...

·
Going nowhere slowly
5,422 Posts
*Takes Jay to one side*

Thanks Mate!
*Takes Ben to one side*

[/quote]

Anything but the baseball bat again Jay.. I couldnt sit down for a week after the last time you 'took me to one side'

Joking aside thanks for bringing the sound system, Fridge, freezer the use of your MPV.. Mucho gratis...
[/quote]

Piss Taker

·
Squashed Pears
4,659 Posts
I hate it when the who did what subject comes up. For several reasons.

1) I feel guilty and worry if I do enough to help get it sorted.

2) I actually think that everyone who turns up, with freshly washed and polished cars contribute to the overall weekend, the stand wouldnt exsist without the folk who make the effort to come along. So I feel that everyone has contributed something, and shouldnt be overlooked. I know that a small minority are involved in ensuring that everyone gets fed and has a good time and are there etc ec , but not everyone can be involved in organising it all, but everyone is involved in one way or another in the overall weekend experience.

·
Ignore the Doom...love the clothes!
9,314 Posts
Hey, Matt, I discovered an amazing bloke when I met you at JAE.......and we weren't without our "issues" before that, were we?

The worlds's a big place....time does things to heal stuff etc etc......you know all the rest of the blurb.

Don't close the door........................................

.........and if you come to JAE 2008, don't criticise the rest of us for messing up

Personally, I hope EVERYONE is there

·
3,001 Posts
I hate it when the who did what subject comes up. For several reasons.

1) I feel guilty and worry if I do enough to help get it sorted.

2) I actually think that everyone who turns up, with freshly washed and polished cars contribute to the overall weekend, the stand wouldnt exsist without the folk who make the effort to come along. So I feel that everyone has contributed something, and shouldnt be overlooked. I know that a small minority are involved in ensuring that everyone gets fed and has a good time and are there etc ec , but not everyone can be involved in organising it all, but everyone is involved in one way or another in the overall weekend experience.
If you mean chucking beer cans and litter then yes I guess everyone contributes. Picking it up and binning it was a different matter..

·
9,314 Posts
I don't think I did any of that "chucking" stuff but I'll most certainly help out with the clearing up next time. It didn't enter my head this year

That's called Selfish-by-Ignorance

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
If you mean chucking beer cans and litter then yes I guess everyone contributes. Picking it up and binning it was a different matter..
Indeed! Too many piss takers when it came to that.
[/quote]

don't think people realised the state the stand was left in to be honest and it was cleaned up before most got up but hey it was a great weekend and no doubt the early risers will work their magic again next year.

·
9,314 Posts
OK
so some folk can't sleep and get up early

I have an alarm, you know

21 - 40 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.