Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
61 - 80 of 117 Posts
G

·
there is a little more than the locals

the organisers got a royal shafting last year from the showground
they charged them a fair few thousand pounds extra the monday before the show because it was raining
if they didn't pay they couldn't go
they did not open all the shower blocks insisting that they were not on the llist of things that the jae organisers had booked (they paid for the whole showground)

they were generally obstructive with the organisation of jae
and they hiked the prices up

so by the end of the weekend john and clare were totally ready to move somewhere else

we shall see what next year brings

·
9 points, $20,000 and a lot of happiness.
20,813 Posts
i recon i'll give it a shot next year.

Not sure if i can bring the 5 though as i've still not found a "nice" MOT guy.

·
9 points, $20,000 and a lot of happiness.
20,813 Posts

I've only got 1 useful arm mate i don't think it'd take much to put me on me arse

Still i'm not gonna promise not to use chemical weaponary though.
Piss me off and don't be surprised to hear your tent open in the middle of the night, followed by 2 milk white arse cheeks and a noise similar to a rather large fog horn.
Should knock out the occupants long enough to get me on a flight home

Cheers
Mark

·
Registered
708 Posts
I went to an event at Rockingham at the weekend - skid-pan type stuff, not trackday unfortunately.
Anyway, I notice they hire out the grounds for events and have the biggest hard-parking area in the country (so they say). Thus would be an absolutely ideal venue for JAE...

·
Detects stupidity. Attacks without mercy.
13,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Huzzah!!
Now we just need to start praying to the weather gods/budda/allah/dawkins, so that hopefully this year we will have more than 5 minutes of sunshine!

·
Super Moderator
22,535 Posts
26-27th July Pebo showground!

·
The only " Dave in the village"
4,339 Posts
26-27th July Pebo showground!
TBH i was hoping that it would be going back to Santa pod
.Appart from the fact that a fare few nutz forum members were at PSG 2007 it was nothing to rite home about,as they had built on old walton race way making it not possible to have the drift cars like they had in 2006.

·
4,339 Posts
I dont think its ever been at santa pod Dave. wasn't it billington before PSG?
Ahhh o.k,i thought it had been at Santa pod,i must have miss understood
.Thanks Jay and B for putting me straight
.Lets hope they have more action @ JAE 2008 as JAE 2007 was very lacking in the drift car display department as they had built on "old Walton race way" where they had the drift cars doing there stuff in 2006

·
Super Moderator
22,535 Posts
Concerns me that there is still no fixed venue or date for this, most events are booked 2-3 years in advance, there can't be that many available slots at appropriate venues. Looking a Peterborough's schedule it looks highly unlikely that it will be there next year.

·
4,339 Posts
Concerns me that there is still no fixed venue or date for this, most events are booked 2-3 years in advance, there can't be that many available slots at appropriate venues. Looking a Peterborough's schedule it looks highly unlikely that it will be there next year.
Thats good news as far as i am concerned,as its been there for a while now,a change of venue would be good.

61 - 80 of 117 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.