Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

ITBS are new to me so still getting to know about the do's and don'ts, what works and what won't!

Sure the answer isn't that simple and will be all about the other parts!

If anyone knows off hand on a good build thread link would also be apprecaited

Thanks in advance

·
PANDAfactory
4,829 Posts
I assume you're looking at the ones on eBay? They're 40mm chokes and I think you have a 1.8? If so they're too small. You'll also then still need to buy the inlet manifold etc, and probably won't really save much over just buying the full correct kit from Jenvey.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Indeded they are those on ebay' hawk eye' panda!

Good to know thanks.........off to the jenvey site then!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
IMO most people go with too large diameter ITBs and then complain about 'driveability' and tuning issues. For the 1.6 40mm is not going to be a restriction. On a 1.8 you can play a bit bigger...44mm? These don't breathe like b18 engines do, so there is not much point in getting 50mm itb

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just getting my head around ITBs so all info welcomed (plus the carbion fibre ITB project you have is interesting!!!)

Got an NB 1.8 and want to have some fun on track as well as road, hence looking at ITBs rather than SC or Turbo............could all change as not planned till later this year!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.