Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a visit from my cousin last night and he was showing me his 1974 VW beetle that he has restored which looks amazing for it's age. And then he told me he had just finished restoring another old car and later last night he sent me these pics..........

This is how it looked when he bought it off ebay.

It had not moved for quite a few years and he bought it without even going to look at it.

The man himself probably wondering "what the hell have I done?"

And how it looks now. Still needs a few bits sorting but it's on the road again at last.

I'm hoping he will pop over soon with it so I can have a go in it

·
Registered
687 Posts
good project , great car

·
Previous Grand Master
2,536 Posts
For me the TR6 is "the" classic embodiment of the British sports car image.

Nice project and nice car.

Bit dubious about the power plant on that one - surely a few horses under the hood would be better than a bloke!

·
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fl
2,310 Posts
Gorgeous!!!!!!!!

Hubbie and I had a signal red 1971 TR6 before the MX5 - fantastic machine, twin upswept exhausts, beautiful straight six engine which at WOT made the most amazing noise. We had her for 3 years, no matter where we went everyone turned their heads to look - she was a stunning car. Sold her as with Tony in the Navy she just wasnt a practical car to have laid up for any length of time whilst he was away.

Miss her terribly..........., would have another at the drop of a hat (if it wasnt for the fact they have gone up in price so much now)

·
9 points, $20,000 and a lot of happiness.
20,813 Posts
Gorgeous!!!!!!!!

As soon as i saw the TR6 pics i knew i'd see your name as i scroll down

Looks great though, blokes obviously put in a lot of time and effort good on him

·
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fl
2,310 Posts
Gorgeous!!!!!!!!

As soon as i saw the TR6 pics i knew i'd see your name as i scroll down

Looks great though, blokes obviously put in a lot of time and effort good on him

[/quote]

Heheheh! You know me too well Mark!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.