Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banish a little rust a day people
5,056 Posts
Alot of other brands are symmetrical so it's hard to tell if the knuckle end is mounted right, the CircleSports ones are similar but less of a dramatic profile so would have less clearance issues on the knuckle side. I am unsure on if that end is right or not.

The other side however isn't symmetrical on those and it looks like flipping them upside down would give you about an inch of extra chassis clearance and avoid the contact you are having. As you'd need to redo the aligment now anyway I'd pull the shock out, flip the chassis side arm the other way up, check for clearance of the arm under full compression and if it's still an issue flip the other side as well. Whoever installed these really should have done that anyway regardless of whether any instructions were present and what they said.

Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Wheel

·
Banish a little rust a day people
5,056 Posts
Also looks like there's a lot of thread hanging out of them. Do you know your current camber figure and what the stock eccentric bolts are set as? You want as much of the thread on these used as possible to reduce strain on them.

·
Registered
VVT swapped NA & TD04 turbo NB
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also looks like there's a lot of thread hanging out of them. Do you know your current camber figure and what the stock eccentric bolts are set as? You want as much of the thread on these used as possible to reduce strain on them.
No idea, I didnt fit them and my last alignment was done before the car went for paint and I didnt get figures then. Was planning to go get another alignment now these were fitted, this is all making me want to just send them back to be honest and get some non-adjustable ones.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts