1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Dan
12,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I now have an issue with my LC-01

Symptoms include

• No connection to Laptop via the software
  • No output from the brown or yellow wires (checked with volt meter)
  • Gauge wont work when connected to the LC-01

On the plus side, the unit does have power and the little light flashes as per warm up sequence, then goes steady when warm.

Is there a way of checking to see whats up with it?

Anyone else ever had issues with this Wideband setup?

Is there a better one to buy if mine is goosed?

cheers
Dan

·
Registered
7,975 Posts
sounds different to me.
Do you get any error codes flashed out ?

Only other thing i can think is there are 2 earths.. are they both good ?

·
Dan
12,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Skuzzle - thank you for your post.

Ive checked the earths to make sure they 'earth' but I could move them to a different spot to see if that helps?

the earths are all combined to one single earth lead which then goes to the body (bolt) under then fan area.

There are no error codes from the LED - it flashes on warm up then goes to a solid state after 20 seconds or so.

its strange that the unit wont talk to my laptop, it also wont give a signal to the MS ( the MS on screen gauge doesnt respond and shows pink status)
and that it doesnt give any signal when connected to volt meter.

hopefully its a school boy error

but ive heard that the LC1 units are sometimes a bit tempramental?

any help or further suggestions would be welcome,

thanks
Dan

·
Registered
476 Posts
but ive heard that the LC1 units are sometimes a bit tempramental?
I'm on my second. First one couldn't keep it's calibration more than a couple of starts and was sent to the states for replacement by Graham Goode Racing. I don't have the confidence to use it closed loop.

You are using the terminator plug when connecting to Logworks? Strange that you don't get an error code.

I think TechEdge are rated by some on here, don't know anything about them though.

·
RSNick is NickRS backwards, wtf?
2,479 Posts
Earths are a major factor. But, if your indicatior light is steady after the ususal fire-up sequence it may be fine. IIRC you need 2 earths to getthe right earth offset-whatever that is.

Loads of info here:

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10

I toasted a w/b sensor, put in a replacement and all was Ok.

It's odd because the Bosch sensor puts up with a lot of abuse when used with other w/b hardware but with the Innovate kit it re-acts badly for some installations. It seems just down to luck if yours goes phut. On the plus side the Innovate kit is regarded as being more sensitive than other systems.

hth

Nick

·
Registered
9,608 Posts
when mine wouldn't talk to the lappy, it was because i was plugging into the wrong connector. I forgot there was two lol

All the earths dont go together. If they could, they wouldnt waste wire and time and space in the instructions telling you not to do it that way. You should still get a reading though. incorrect as it will be

·
Dan
12,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok I will re do the earths and wiring from fresh and see if that helps.

thanks for the input guys

Dan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts