Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Been trying to diagnose a weird intermittent issue with my mk2.5 for a few weeks now.

When the car is hot it will intermittently idle droop / stall out of nowhere. I can keep it going with a stab of throttle when it does it, as long as I catch it quick enough, and it will run fine for a few minutes, then do it again. Sometimes a power cycle will stop it for a while, as will turning the engine off for 5 - 10 minutes.

Was running turboed with an MS3 enhanced / rx8 yellows for a while, now back to stock ECU and oe injectors for reasons.

So far, I've changed injector / pump fuses, spark plugs, switched coils with known working ones, swapped ht leads with cobalt ones. This week I've put a new fuel pump in and run dedicated power / relay.

So, if this doesnt resolve it, any more ideas?

·
Happily expanding the To Do list since 1997
10,688 Posts
A Mk.2/2.5 that stumbles when it's hot makes my thoughts turn to the crank position sensor. But I'd check for stored diagnostic codes before changing stuff.

·
Hiding from the Ayatollah or making Full Metal Jac
1,751 Posts
the mk2.5 CAS sensor ring is known to come loose off the cam. Just a heads-up.

Reactions: Deequeue

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No stored / pending codes in the ECU at all - as your thoughts, it was pretty much the first thing I looked at. I have a spare so I'll give it a shot though

Would the CAS ring not happen at all temps?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts