Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Mazda mx5 mk1 euonos 1994
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bloody hell is it hard for me to insurance my car. I am 21 been driving for 2 and a half years. 2 years no claim and I drive a 1994 Mazda mx5 1.8L automatic and insurance is £180 a month what a joke.
does anyone know of a good insurance group as I still have over a year before I can use classic car insurance as car needs to be 30+ years old

·
Registered
VVT swapped NA & TD04 turbo NB
325 Posts
I've got my T reg mk2 on classic insurance so that isn't necessarily true, but a lot of classic car insurance brokers won't insure anyone under 25 years old.

£180, adjusted with inflation less than I used to pay at that age, but I agree it's a lot of money. My advice would be to get the car insured by a parent via Adrian Flux or Footman James on a classic policy, if that is an option to you, obviously you can only be a named driver then but it will work out to be a fraction of the cost, perhaps even less than one months payment.

·
Registered
Mazda mx5 mk1 euonos 1994
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've got my T reg mk2 on classic insurance so that isn't necessarily true, but a lot of classic car insurance brokers won't insure anyone under 25 years old.

£180, adjusted with inflation less than I used to pay at that age, but I agree it's a lot of money. My advice would be to get the car insured by a parent via Adrian Flux or Footman James on a classic policy, if that is an option to you, obviously you can only be a named driver then but it will work out to be a fraction of the cost, perhaps even less than one months payment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts