Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Miss me?
4,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the purposes of this post, I have zero convictions in car or on bike, I have max NCB on 2 cars & 1 bike - my circumstances have not changed, other than at 55 I'm a year older & have one more year added to my NCB.

Each year, my Motorcycle renewal drops through the mailbox & each year the renewal quote is a complete joke.......Last year I paid £75, yet this year I was quoted £110 to renew my Insurance & as always I telephoned to question the amount, only to be given an instant £28 reduction, but that in itself was an insult.

I headed online (as I do each year) for a fresh MCN Comparison Quote & hey presto, my current insurer came top with a one-off payment of £65......but I've been through all this before, so I then requested a Monthly Payment Plan, which came back at a total (with interest) of £71 or a one-off payment of £62.

hahahaha sorted.

MCN Comparison Quote: http://www.motorcyclenews.com/insurance/

Vince

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
You are not alone.........

Exactly the same situation with mine. I was with LV (Liverpool Victoria) and I did an online quote when my renewal came through, yep they were cheaper on compare.com. Got fed up with them so I'm now with A-Plan, shall see what happens when their renewal comes through, although I don't think they do compare sites so won't find them.

Incidently I don't think having anymore than say 7 years NCB cuts it with most of them now, they don't seem to give any extra discounts even if you say you have 37+ years, I don't BTW but a considerable amount.

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
Everything nowadays is the same at renewal time, if you are loyal you get shafted.
Sky is one of the worst, last year £56 full package, renewal £106.
Let's just say the conversation condensed was two words the second being OFF.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.