Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So its time to re-new my insurance and been qouted a renewal of ?480 by Sky insurance which isnt bad but just wondered what else was out there..??

Thats for turbo mx5, roll cage, suspensions, wheels, etc... everything listed. Last year was ?400 but it did start at ?460 until they just took ?60 off for new business - nice! Sky where way cheaper than the usual at the time, adrian flux etc. but not sure if that is true now or not.

Any advice welcome

·
Registered
227 Posts
I just had the same issue with direct line last year it was 280 for completely unmodified car after six month I had the supercharger resulting me to pay about 66 ? and now the renewal comes at 526?
I call them and told them that 66 times 2 (12 month) is 132 plus 280 is equal to 412 ?
So I explain that my salary didn't increase and there is no way that I'm paying that much (more than 100 pounds over).
The lady on the phone was nice and bring it down to 426 ? so it worth a call I think.

·
5 FTW
797 Posts
try richard eggerty, they were great for us this year, cant remember ?s but they were cheaper for FC than churchill's renewal for TPFT
Another vote for Richard Eggar here..

·
Registered
8,927 Posts
try richard eggerty, they were great for us this year, cant remember ?s but they were cheaper for FC than churchill's renewal for TPFT
Another vote for Richard Eggar here..
[/quote]

And another for Richard Egger........A-Plan were close behind.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Used Richard Egger and got it for ?304...!!!

plus 4 track days a year, you can also get 10% discount through mx5oc and ?20 off your next track day if your a member of MOT (just got to check into this one..)

Nice one guys - you have saved me a packet!!!!

·
The Hong Kong Nutzer
1,359 Posts
How do you guys manage to lower the quote they gave...
everytime I rang and ask for a quote, they give me a number and will never ever go down, no matter what I say e.g. company A gives me a price of 150 lower than yours, i am a student dont have income, i pay annually so no late payment trouble, etcetc. still they say NO this is the price

anyone can give me some tips on that
please

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
How do you guys manage to lower the quote they gave...
everytime I rang and ask for a quote, they give me a number and will never ever go down, no matter what I say e.g. company A gives me a price of 150 lower than yours, i am a student dont have income, i pay annually so no late payment trouble, etcetc. still they say NO this is the price

anyone can give me some tips on that
please
Sometimes the price is just the price. you will find the ones that have had it discounted are probably because its loaded with fees so they make an earning but will lower it to get the business. Those that wont reduce the price are probably because they cant, the insurers premium is the amount they are asking for and will therefore lose money if they discount it - which they wont tend to do.

Insurance is individual and comparing your price to someone elses is like comparing chalk and cheese. worthless.

Some brokers/insurers can be generally cheaper but just because Mr A is cheap with a plan doesnt mean Mr B will be.

Daz

insurancefactory.com

1 - 10 of 10 Posts