Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
changing gear is over rated
1,703 Posts
Is it okay to run the power and ground from the loom through to the DB15 plug in the MS box, would make the install much neater as I can then just wire up my LC1 to a DB15 plug.

Also I take it i just wire up my analogue out 2 (brown wire) to my O2 input on my MS mainboard then configure the sensor in tunerstudio ?

Cheers

·
Registered
918 Posts
That's exactly what i've done. The only wire not connecting to db15 is the ground for the led/switch which i'm running to a point on the chassis.

Inside the box i've taken the brown wire through the db15 over to the o2 point and also connected the wire from the normal loom to the o2 point to make it easier to switch if I have any issue with the lc-1

This is my setup

·
Premium Member
19,520 Posts
If you mean the 4 transistors arranged together, they're not injector drivers, they're ignition drivers.

As not many people use them on some DIYPNP kits DIYAutotune removed them and lowered the price accordingly.

Unless you want to directly drive some COPS sequentially that have no built in ignitor you don't need/won't use them.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Stevem,

The simple answer is I got carried away with soldering

I just bolted together everything that came in the kit and as Mr Slow says the kit was changed as not many people are using these. I don't think i'm using them but it does fill out that empty section of the board

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Did mean ignition drivers... must proof read before posting

I actually put the 4 resistors in for them as I got a bit carried away in a soldering frenzy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts