Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm looking to buy a new induction kit for my MX5 1.6 today and need some help. Can anyone recommend a good kit that will include all hosing to fit the car. I have absolutely no hose/pipe at all coming from the main intake section due to selling it off with my Turbo kit.

I'm looking to spend a max of ?100.

Thanks!

This is pretty much what I'm looking for..

·
Randomer
8,007 Posts
Couple of options that I can see...

-Something like the K&N Typhoon kit would be similar to what you're after, but new they're well over ?100 I'm afraid.

-Buy yourself some silicone hose and ally pipe and make up your own induction setup, stick your AFM on the end and add a cone filter of your choice.

-There's this crossover pipe on ebay at the moment which looks like it might work.

-Wait for an ARC intake chamber to come up for sale, although again they're not cheap.

-Get the stock crossover pipe from a scrapyard or Autolink.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers dude,

I was looking at the K&N Typhoon but could only see it for a 1.8 and not the 1.6..

I have noticed some cheap ones up for like ?30 that come with all the pipes so I was thinking of one of them then buy a good filter for it to put on..

Thanks for your help dude.

·
Registered
23 Posts
If you get hold of the pipework, my neighbour is selling a pipercross induction kit, 1 month old and cars only done a few miles withit in. He's just got a superchrager paid for through corporate sponsorship so no longer requires it. If your interested, I'll give you his details. Its in MK though postable.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts