Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just been trying to fit my recently acquired Monsterflow induction kit, but I've hit a slight problem in that when I bolt the MAF to the supplied bracket that bolts to the engine, the filter fouls on the headlamp winder. A little like this:

If I move the filter down next to the winder it seems to put a bit of tension on the hoses and it looks like it'll pop off at the throttle body end before long.

Also it looks like I can't fit my yellow strut brace with the kit which I was hoping to do - I can't seem to get the filter and the brace to fit at the same time, the filter hits the brace.

Also, I've pulled the airbag out of the car now, but there's a lead with an orange and blue plug that runs from the bulkhead down to in front of the radiator - I presume this is airbag related as the airbag had very similar looking blue/orange plugs on it. Can I just unplug this and remove it all now? There's also another metal...bit about the size of a bar of soap (don't really know what it is!) that you can see in the photo just below the blue and orange plugs that was bolted to the airbox - if I could remove this or at least move it out of the way I'd probably have a bit more room to locate the filter into. Any ideas what it is? Photo below:

Any help much appreciated

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
No bending or cutting needed matey, doesn't look like you've got it lined up right. It's a tight fit but will go in okay...

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No bending or cutting needed matey, doesn't look like you've got it lined up right. It's a tight fit but will go in okay...

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a148/JamieRThomson/Photo-0028.jpg
Ah-ha, that gives me a bit of a guide to how it should look, cheers
I'd forgotten about that photo!

I'll take it apart and make sure all the hoses are pushed on securely tomorrow morning. Could well be that one of them isn't pushed all the way onto the crossover pipe by the looks of it:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hey guys, sorry to change the subject but where did you get the pipe for that kit or does it come as a bundle? I've had to fabricate my own but there is a lot of twists and turns going on so I would much prefer something like what you have got.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey guys, sorry to change the subject but where did you get the pipe for that kit or does it come as a bundle? I've had to fabricate my own but there is a lot of twists and turns going on so I would much prefer something like what you have got.

The crossover pipe is part of the kit, so I doubt you'll see one for sale separately
I have seen the occasional aluminium crossover appear in the classifieds though, although they tend to get snapped up pretty quick.

Jamie - managed to get it fitted in the end, took it all apart, bolted the MAF to the block first, then attached the hoses and filter and although it was a bit of a squeeze it all went in OK. Sounds ace too

1 - 11 of 11 Posts