1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
It might be a bit smelly.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Autosport show at the NEC last year had a Caterham play area where you could have a passenger ride round a drift course or learn the art of car control in a play pen.

incredibly noisey and stank to high heaven.

much better outside imo !!

·
Are YOU a Help Vampire?
6,147 Posts
Would be massively crap unless you totally new to drifting. Even the biggest places are really small compared to somewhere outdoors.
And yeah, done it at 2 diff places, even had a small crash at one.
I thought you were leaving us Stav? hadn't seen you on here in a while, mind you, i've not been on much lately so it might just be me.

I have finally got out of the garage and gone drifting at the DWYB days. most fun i have ever had
it's great

don't think i'd like indoors as much though.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Yeti- tbh I've no idea who you are, sorry, but I wasn't on for ages as it was boring n I sold the one mx5, got a different one now so back sometimes.

, even had a small crash at one.
Definately better outdoors then

[/quote]

Bumped a wing as there was metal pillars holding the roof up every 15ft or so.

Neither totally safe, if you want safe don't drift, but indoors is pretty lame.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I'm tempted to have a go at drifting but I reckon if i had just one go i'd be hooked so i think i'll be better off just staying away.
It generally goes one of two ways.

People either have a go, love it, n stick with it n get decent over a period of time.

Or, especially with mx5s as you haven't got the power to at least pretend you know what you doing...

They have a go, suddenly realise its not easy, and either totally give up, or do the usual go in to complete denial that its them rather than the car, and embark on some expensive and long winded turbo conversion in the hope power can somehow mask their lack of talent.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.