Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
guys I have a mk2 roadster it came with a large foglight bolted to the bottom of the bumper
I have removed it looked shit.
I have put the mk2.5 rear lights on the car now when I put the car in reverse I get one white and 1 red light .
please can you tell me how to fix the fog light out.
thanks.

·
Registered
9,622 Posts
you need to move a wire(or two)

Currantly your red lamp is connected to the reverse light circuit. You need to cut the reverse light wire going to that lightunit. Its colours will be in a drawing online.

Then, you need to take the live wire that went to your dangly lamp and put it to the loose wire you created above. The end that goes into the light of cource, not the end that goes off into the loom. That wants tapeing up.

Its the same job as on the mk1 talked about here. But you will find everything looks just a little different.

·
Registered
258 Posts
My car also had the sticker on the drivers side, as it began to look orange and soggy I removed it:

And I bought a red LED-light instead and switched side for the fog light. It needs to be on the left side over here in Sweden:

Sorry for the bad quality pictures! I'm really pleased with the look of the car! I bought the red stickers from jwb_moto as well, but I decided not to use them, not now anyways.

·
Registered
311 Posts
well that give me plenty of ideas thanks guys

·
Registered
311 Posts
cheers guys; give me loads of ideas!

·
Registered
489 Posts
The lower resistance of the LED light is not important unless used as indicators which will then flash faster. In fact LED uses less amps than a standard bulb so is a bonus! No resistor required.

·
Registered
582 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
right i am having problems with my conversion i have cut the live from the reverse light and spliced it to the live from the fog light
and i get no action when the switch is on.

is there a fuze on the fog light loom and where would it be or can somone get a picture of the wiring to the back of the fog switch ?

i may just make a new loom running from the battery to the switch then the fog light.

ok so i was being a numpty so note to everyone else the fog light if wired correctly should only come on if the side lights are on.. :s

·
Registered
80 Posts
Also having trouble with this. Just had my MOT and they are saying I need a tell tale (light to tell you that the fog light is on) but mine is and Import so don't have one!

Any ideas?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have just bought a mk1 Eunos and I need to instal a fog light! Problems I have. Next to my rear heated screen switch I have one hole blanked off and the other hole has no switch just a blue connection block hanging from the hole? I presume this is the missing fog light switch! Also where do I locate the wiring within the loom to connect up the light?

·
Registered
44 Posts
On the mk1 Eunos I bought a couple of weeks back the fog light has been moved to where the high level brake light was in the boot lid. The front fogs are like those polyeliptical (is that even correct?) frog eye type things in the mouth

61 - 78 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.