Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

After selling my old Black S Special Eunos to Godders on here and buying a Golf V5 i missed the 5 soooo much, so i gave the Golf to the wife and bought myself another Eunos 1.6. Its got a few mods already which include: 5 Spoke Alloys, Stainless Grille, K&N Induction, Custom Powerflow Exhaust, Uprated Anti-Roll Bar, Momo Steering wheel and Pedals, Chrome Gear knob and Handbrake and lots of interior chrome. Heres a couple of pictures after i cleaned it for the first time today, ill post more pics as soon as the modding begins

Its good to be back and i look forward to meeting up with some of you guys again at future meets and events.

Cheers
Liam.

·
Registered
8,927 Posts
Nice one Liam. Welcome back

Had a mini meet in Hertford today, shame you didn`t make that one but no doubt there will be plenty more!

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Dave, yeah i look forward to getting out to some meets and events again soon. Its so good to be able to cruise to work in the morning with the top down again forgot how much i missed 5 ownership.

·
Previous Grand Master
2,536 Posts
Nice to see you back Liam.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Havent updated this for ages so here goes,

Ok guys being that it was a dry day today and i never had a football match i got to do some modding
, today i fitted my Top Speed Exhaust and also my Engine Strut Brace Bar.

Because i had a Powerflow exhaust on the car my old downpipe had been modified to accompany this, so i had to buy another second hand downpipe as the original was missing the joining flange.

New downpipe fitted on which took a while to undo the old one and fit the new one as the nuts are a real PITA to get to so after struggling for around half hour with this part it was finally on and i also fitted a de-cat pipe (non Silenced
)

Next up was joining up the mid section part of the exhaust mmmm shiney!

And lastly was fitting the backbox to the mid section.

Once all of the nuts and bolts were done up tight this is the end result, and god dam this is LOUD! but i just love the way it looks and sits at that angle :romance-inlove:

Once the exhaust had been fitted, i lowered the car back down and my last job for today was to fit my new Engine Strut Brace Bar. Undid the nuts on the suspension strut 2 each side, placed the bar down and did the nuts back up Simples, heres the end result which not only looks cool but will give me better handling too.

Thats it for today as im knackered but i still have plenty of mods to do yet including GV lip, Arches, Wheels, Spoiler, Corbeau Bucket seats and more so keep an eye out for updates soon, thanks for looking

·
Registered
227 Posts
Nice one Liam. Don't forget to the lower front strut brace as that's the one that you feel. Top one is just bling really.
Isn't that the one you can see in the pictures from under the car? Im just wondering...its what i thought it was anyway ^.^

"Don't forget to 'do' the lower front strut brace" is what im guessing you meant.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah i already have the lower one fitted but you probably cant see it in the pics, i must admit on my old 5 when i added the engine brace it made a big difference i could really feel it tightened the front up.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok guys time for an update, I now have my seats fitted into the car, they are Corbeau Forza Sport's with Momo 3 point Harnesses. I also fitted a red leather gear and handbrake gaiter and the other mod most recently is my RS Aizawa copy headlight vent. I also uprated my ARB Bushes to powerflex ones, and also sprayed my winter wheels Satin Black anyway after a blast heres some up to date pics that i took today

Cheers for looking, the next update will show more bodywork mods

9,290 Posts
Great looking five and nice progress so far.

You cannot beat a silver five in the sunlight (but then I would say that!)

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The next mod was picking up a new K&N 57i Kit from Tony thanks mate
so i have installed that on the car and have also run a cold air feed from my vented headlight lid to the filter for a little extra cold air

I also sprayed up my arches Satin Black ready to go on the car. Heres a couple of pictures showing both the mods.

The next small update but no pics im afraid is, installing new track rod ends and also got one of the upper balljoint boots changed. I am now going to order up some new powerflex bushes for the lower control arms and while im at it order up some new lower balljoints as they may aswell be done at the same time while its all apart
when i do this ill replace the other upper balljoint boot too, but just ran out of time today as getting the old rubber boot off with the wishbone in place was the biggest PITA!

Hopefully ill get onto some of the fun stuff soon.

Ok todays update for the fox is I took a trip down to see Garath from the forum at his business http://www.themx5restorer.co.uk to have a new rear engine oil seal and a new Exedy Clutch Kit and bearings fitted. Got to say Garath is a top bloke who really knows his onions when it comes to 5's and i can't reccomend him highly enough. Not exciting pics but its part of the build so heres the old clutch and bits that came off to which Garath said the clutch was near its limit so im glad i got it done.

And this was what was put in.

Most mechanicals are done on the project now so more fun stuff and bodywork mods coming soon!

Ok so i spent all day working on the car today as its not long before Bromley Pageant and i need to pull me finger out

So today i fit a new front bumper as it is in better condition and also is the right colour of silver, i have switched back from a side plate to a plinth plate as behind the plate is some holes and rubbish paint but im willing to sacrifice the side mount as this bumper is in much better condition. I also fitted clear reflectors all round. Anyway heres a couple of pics of the new bumper on, im pleased and it was a bit of a bitch fitting it on me own.

I think it looks much better.

Oh and i also test fitted one of my new wheels today so heres a little teaser for you guys until i get tyres

More mods coming very soon!

the latest mod installed today was my Garage Vary front lip spoiler which i think looks great

More coming soon!

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Nice looking car mate. How are you finding the exhaust? I've got a few of these in their way over from the states at the moment, just wondering what it's like day to day...looks sick, I can't wait for it to arrive!

I've got a straight through on my exhaust at the moment, I'm thinking of swapping it to a silenced de-cat for when the exhaust arrives though.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Be prepared mate as its dam loud, im running a straight through un-silenced de cat too, infact i contacted the seller yesterday and he is sending me out a bung for it to make it a bit quieter for MOT time. But i do love it and it looks great and the fitment is great too but just be careful over bumps and pot holes etc as it hangs really low to the ground under the car especially if you are lowered. A friend of mine had this exhaust too and it got ripped off basically where the underneath got caught on those pesky spiked ramps you find in carparks if you know what i mean.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Car looks good, Liam.
Though seriously, your harness set-up isn't the safest or most effective*:
Get yourself a harness-bar and some 4-point harnesses to go with it then you've got a win on your hands.
Until then, I'd pop your stock seatbelts back in.

* actually, it's quite dangerous and 3-point harnesses suck balls for seats that have two seperate harness-holes as aposed to one long slot (as found in Recaro SR's). change this quick, dude!

·
Registered
784 Posts
Be prepared mate as its dam loud, I'm running a straight through un-silenced de cat too, infact i contacted the seller yesterday and he is sending me out a bung for it to make it a bit quieter for MOT time. But i do love it and it looks great and the fitment is great too but just be careful over bumps and pot holes etc as it hangs really low to the ground under the car especially if you are lowered. A friend of mine had this exhaust too and it got ripped off basically where the underneath got caught on those pesky spiked ramps you find in carparks if you know what i mean.
Can you give any more info on the bung, could be what I'm after as i have come close to DB limits on track.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Basically mate i just contacted the guy over in america who supplies these exhausts and he sorted me one out. If you go on to ebay and do a search for this seller name delubozparts, his name is John and send him a message asking for one and im sure he can sort you one out.

Im suprised you passed track dec test as there dam loud arent they

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
I'm organising a group buy with him at the moment. He's really easy to deal with, real nice guy.

Have you thought about ditching that "cold air" pipe and replacing the exhaust heat shield, it'd probably make more of a difference.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah hes a great guy isnt he. Im going to be making up a stainless heat shield that will hopefully box the area in where the cone is and im also going to put the heatshield back on the manifold once ive finished painting it up

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok so The fox got his new shoes fitted today in the form of 15" ET15 3SDM Alloys and im well chuffed with them
not much else to say but heres some pictures of them fitted, the cars coming together really nice now, just a few more exterior mods and a couple in the interior and the Fox is well on route to completion

More mods coming soon!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts