Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· It's not the destination, It's the journey
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to MazdaMender, I've now got a front bumper so today I set about my taking off the front bumper making sure this fits snug, before I commence smoothing

Also while I was it it I've sorted out some paint blemishes on my qtr panel and a small dent in my front door
so now thats in primer I can get on with the bumper

Thats as far as I got today, I'm hoping to get it in the paint booth at work when no one is here on Sunday and get it all finished, this is all in prep forbade full respray in march time

1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Right I've now messed about with the fog holes to take some fog lights from a Toyota, and painted them yellow too now just waiting on weekend to paint my car

1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Today I've managed to get them wired in and working ready for when it all gets put back together

· Registered
172 Posts
Ive been trying to take off my front bumper today. Looks likeyou got a lot more done than me. Looking good.

On mine the pain in the arse 10MM bolts that fasten inside at the front have sheared. Have you had this problem and how did you or have you fixed it? Ever heard of anyone driving without the 2 side bolts, becasue thats what im considering right now when the new bumper goes on

Cheers

1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All mine around the mouth area and the ones in through the wing all either rounded or just kept spinning, I had to cut around them, my new bumper doesnt have the ones through the wing, I think the ones in through the wing are just to hold it tight so as to not have a gap you can buy all-new if it bothers you as long as the ones on either side and across the top are in it won't go anywhere the rest are to make it all a tight fit the ones on the bottom on the edges again just to stop it being all floppy

1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yesterday I got all the fogs working so the bumper was ready for spraying, which I have done today, so tomorrows job is finish fitting it and paint the other bits on the car

1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks mate, and no probs just ring and book in as and when ready pal

· was b0builder
6,487 Posts
where them front bumpers fog lights straight fit or was there some mucking around to make them fit

1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
where them front bumpers fog lights straight fit or was there some mucking around to make them fit
A little but of faffin around as there from a Toyota I needed to cut the bumper at a angle and make up 4 L shape brackets and fibreglass them in place probably took me 30 mins each side

· was b0builder
6,487 Posts
When you fitted the front bumper did you have to remove the crash pad

I fitted mine today and could not get it to fit with the crash pad in place

1,594 Posts
When you fitted the front bumper did you have to remove the crash pad

I fitted mine today and could not get it to fit with the crash pad in place
I most certainly did, I've saved mine for now as I think it's just the ends that need trimming off when it wasn't fastened in place I was rocking it around to see if I could suss out were it was touching and I'm pretty sure it was just the ends, I think if you take about a inch of the ends top and bottom at a angle I think that would sort it out,

· was b0builder
6,487 Posts
That was the conclusion we came to but mine only needs trying on the passenger side for some weird reason

But I don't care it looks good when it's on

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.