Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, was watching some more turbo vids online as I have just finished all the ic pipework, got the iat sensor plumbed in, but I notice on many people's setups, they have a pipe from the idle control valve that needs to be also plumbed into the intake pipe. My cars a year 2000 mk2, and I cant see one anywhere. Is it kinda built into the throttle body so not necassary?
Also, just wondering why there is a water pipe going in and out of what looks like the icv? - Im just guessing it's the icv lol as there is much I don't know about yet still on this car... (Just underneath the inlet plenum with a plug going to it.)
Sorry I can't post pictures as there is a problem with my account when posting them annoyingly.
Thanks 馃憤

Happily expanding the To Do list since 1997
On Mk.1 cars the idle control valve has a separate air inlet under the throttle but I think on Mk.2 they changed it so the air goes into the throttle body then down into the valve.

The coolant lines are for throttle heating. On cold damp days the temperature drop that goes with the pressure drop across a part-open throttle can cause icing which can theoretically jam a throttle open. (But literally the only car I've heard about that suffered from it was the original Mini. They turned the engine around so the throttle was behind rather than in front and the problem went away.)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On Mk.1 cars the idle control valve has a separate air inlet under the throttle but I think on Mk.2 they changed it so the air goes into the throttle body then down into the valve.

The coolant lines are for throttle heating. On cold damp days the temperature drop that goes with the pressure drop across a part-open throttle can cause icing which can theoretically jam a throttle open. (But literally the only car I've heard about that suffered from it was the original Mini. They turned the engine around so the throttle was behind rather than in front and the problem went away.)
OK that's great, thanks, explained everything! All makes sense now 馃憤馃憤馃憤馃憤馃憤

1 - 3 of 3 Posts