Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats people done when they got ABS and fitted there hydro handbrake, do you run the line before or after the ABS unit? ive got a welded diff as well so the ABS is basicly doing nothing on the rear.

When i slide i have a switch on the inside of the cab that i turn the ABS off.

And does anyone no if its just one line that runs to the rear then splits in two at a T-piece on rear axal? Cheers

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
My rear comes from an abs car and it's fed from just one line.
I can't recall if there is a proportioning valve or not. I don't think there was? But you want to be on the brake side of any such device.

·
Registered
5,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My rear comes from an abs car and it's fed from just one line.
I can't recall if there is a proportioning valve or not. I don't think there was? But you want to be on the brake side of any such device.
Ok so your saying your Hydro copper lines come out of the ABS unit strait to the rear yes? If so thats fine as i will do the same so the abs still works on the front wheels because lets be honest it is usefull on the road sometimes

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
My car don't have abs, but I fitted the rear subframe from an abs equipped car. Not just the subframe, but everything attached to it. This included the brakes and lines. The pipes from each side join at a metal manifold that has a 3rd pipe coming off that was the feed. It was this single line that was part of my car, while the manifold came with the subframe.

I don't think the abs unit has two pipes heading to the back of the car. It watchs both wheels, but must release both at the same time. They share the same pipework down the car.

It's been a few years, so have a look at your abs unit and see how many pipes it sends down the car. My subframe was a mk2 and it only recieved one pipe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.