Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,742 Posts
With the support of local nutzers (you guys rock), a bit of internet researching and a chat with Steven of 5-Speed and Mark (Only MX5s) I have decided to go ahead with the above with the view to finishing it before the end of June.

Also a big thank you to Autolink who have sourced me the entire interior and allowed me to pick it up in bits.

The HVAC is on it's way to me at the moment as it is one of the only electrical bits that need doing (short of the moving the ciggy lighter, and the headlight pop up switch)

Making an in between harness so that it could be returned to stock at any point if I feel like it (yeah right).

There are a few how tos on the internet that I will be using but hopefully this will combine the best bits and make it easier for people in the future to do it.

·
Registered
6,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The controls were waiting for me when I got home today, 3 hours later....

Not got the AC button working yet, so holding off on writing the how to, but as soon as that's done will put up a quick one.

Need to get hold of a sander or something as it is too large to get the facia over it (hole for the stereo needs enlarging).

Anyone got a spare facia or tool I could borrow

·
Registered
6,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got the illuminations working, they are just so dim it has to be dark to see them and they can't be seen in direct sunlight

AC still not working though I think it is a fairly simple fix I hope.

That is indeed correct Andy, getting an early start on wiring and doing a bit of road testing to make sure it all works properly and I have done the wiring job properly (better safe then sorry).

TBH I like it already, and am getting pretty fast at it. To get to the above stage from opening the parcel, including finding my tools took 3 hours. To revert back to stock today after concluding road test, 35 mins. If only I can get that damn AC button working we can be all systems a go.

·
Registered
6,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just for the record though, if you want to fit it in a mark 1 dash, you can, and it all works cable wise, so you can have it at the bottom where my headunit is and have a double din higher up, the whole advantage for a mark 2 dash for some people. Or you could use the space where the mk1 controls go for gauges.

·
was b0builder
6,502 Posts
Just for the record though, if you want to fit it in a mark 1 dash, you can, and it all works cable wise, so you can have it at the bottom where my headunit is and have a double din higher up, the whole advantage for a mark 2 dash for some people. Or you could use the space where the mk1 controls go for gauges.
sounds interesting

is their much work to be done for the electrics to work

·
Registered
6,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
As above, first time doing it, it took me 3 hours start to finish including getting the old one out. Electrics is very easy really. As soon as I get the AC going I will get some diagrams up. Just 1 stubling block at the moment which I should overcome soon I hope.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.