Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As above really, either a seller of these or drawings to make my own?

I have plenty of Fuel Hose, T-pieces, Jubilee clips, Just no secondary rail.

Cheers,

Dean

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
I'm pretty sure that it has been proven that dual fuel rails are not required, even when running very high bhp, have a search on miataturbo.net.

Barry

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh right, i'm really looking at ~200 bhp. I'm sure the stock injectors wont handle that, so i may as well add 440's, just did not want the cylinder 4 trouble that people talk about.

Would coolant re-routing be a better option?

Many Thanks,

Dean Tricker.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
I have.onefor sale.pm me

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
Oh right, i'm really looking at ~200 bhp. I'm sure the stock injectors wont handle that, so i may as well add 440's, just did not want the cylinder 4 trouble that people talk about.

Would coolant re-routing be a better option?

Many Thanks,

Dean Tricker.
Better option for what bud?

The rail is wider than the pipe feeding it, which in turn can supply many 100s of bhp. The system is fine. Just as long as your pump is still returning some to the tank it's all good. If it's not, then the duel feed rail becomes a bandaid when you should really be looking at a new pump.

I think they just add weakness and weight to the system. It's your choice though. It certainly lengthens the shopping list.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's the problem, the pump is absolutely fine. It is just doing alot of research that others don't seem to do and there seems problems with cylinder 4 either not recieving enough fuel and running lean or the coolant not being effecient enough and the cylinder over heating. Just trying to make sure i get it right, or atleast as close to, first time.

Cheers,

Dean tricker.

·
9,037 Posts
Cyl4 overheating is due to the poor coolant flow rather than leaning of fuel flow in a mk1 if miataturbo.net is to be believed.

Changes over time included redesign of head gasket to improve coolant flow, don't know if fuel system changed too

·
Keyboard 'worrier'
4,986 Posts
I thought the whole thing about dual feed rails were for when your using an adjustable fuel pressure regulator with standard injectors as a low tech way of fueling a FI mx?

·
Premium Member
19,296 Posts
Do it anyway, it won't do any harm and as long as you have good fuel pressure you'll be safe.
Coolant re-route is in the same category, not 100% necessary but adds a security blanket especially when you want more power.
I'd say the coolant re-route is much more important. That's a proven issue which the re-route fixes. There's no evidence that a dual feed fuel rail fixes anything at all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.