Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1.8 na is a 95 G Ltd, and the previous owner was the first UK owner. He told me it arrived with rock hard low coil overs so he had standard suspension put on it. I think the back is too high. I know the mk1 should have some rake but what are the standard figures? Don't have access to the car to measure at the moment so this is my only side on pic. Rear is about an inch higher than the front and I'm worried it will look worse once I get the correct 14 inch wheels on. Thanks

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Can a mod please remove the duplicate posts, Tapatalk kept telling me it hadn't posted so tried a few times.....

·
Hiding from the Ayatollah or making Full Metal Jac
1,689 Posts
I heard you liked Rake.

So I put some rake in your rake and made it bake.

·
Banish a little rust a day people
5,229 Posts
It depends, super low and stiff race cars basically 0. Softish road cars around 6mm +- 2mm, track cars or fast street cars 3-5mm. Suspension, ARB, ride height, tyres, all come into play, as does personal preference.

Test and adjust to your liking.But measure from the actual pinch welds and dont rely on the visual appearance of the arches.

Reactions: GordyB and Zed.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I'll measure when the cars back. I like the ride on standard suspension, won't ever see a track. Looks like I will need some rear standard feel springs that drop it 20mm. Any ideas?

·
Banish a little rust a day people
5,229 Posts
Thanks, I'll measure when the cars back. I like the ride on standard suspension, won't ever see a track. Looks like I will need some rear standard feel springs that drop it 20mm. Any ideas?

You can't change rake on stock suspension as it's not height adjustable. New springs will sit a lot higher, older springs sag a lot. I also wouldnt mix and match springs as they have different rates. If the car is on stock suspension then it's likely fine

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, what I was looking for is a recommendation for a set of springs which work similar to stock and will work with stock shocks and give a more level ride height. I don't know exactly what springs are on there at the moment other than "standard" according to the last owner. Previously had Racing Beat springs on a 5 but that was over 20 years ago and it seems everyone goes for coilovers now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts