Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Sideways is t'only way!
2,219 Posts
Just wondering... as I think my cat might be borked... and I've been advised that the car will prob be better without the cat anyway I was thinking about purchasing the mx5parts silenced de-cat pipe.

I know that this will most likely make my car even louder than it already is (it's pretty loud already with the mx5parts dual exit!)

I live in a block of flats with lots of old ppl who love to spend their lives complaining and I was just wondering just how much louder will it be? Are we talking considerably as

a) I don't want it to be completely unbearable on the motorway
I don't want the neighbours trying to get an ASBO on me!

Thanks

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
I would'nt say it was that much louder - I have both the twin and the de-cat. It is pretty loud on high-revs when accelarating though - but you would'nt be doing this around your flat. Go for it. Brrooom Brrooom!!

·
Sideways is t'only way!
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would'nt say it was that much louder - I have both the twin and the de-cat. It is pretty loud on high-revs when accelarating though - but you would'nt be doing this around your flat. Go for it. Brrooom Brrooom!!
Yeah it's not like I sit outside revvin' the backside outta it!

However my neighbours moan so much sometimes I feel like doing it!

Think I might be ordering one at some point very soon!

·
Registered
466 Posts
When I made the change from a cat to the mx5parts decat, I could frankly not tell much difference at all. A slightly more raspy sound on full boil, but imperceptible at low revs/speeds

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
just my two penneth here ...... i have the duels and the silenced de-cat only lasted a few trips around the block and ended up selling it on. maybe i need to loosen up abit but i was concerned the exhaust was loud enough to be honest before i put it on!

·
Registered
6,742 Posts
Where are you mate?

I am sure there is a Nutzer about with one you could "pop on" and take a listen before you buy.

Though that said they are in reasonably high demand so if you decided you didn't like it you wouldn't loose too much on it.

·
Registered
9,608 Posts
the silenced decat is little better than a straight pipe decat where the 5parts duels are concerned. Neither will be compairable to a cat. I remember one post where the buyer was shocked to find no wadding in the decats baffles anyway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.