Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all - just bought (well about a month and half ago) a mk2 1.8 s in red. decided to sell my kit car to get a 5 after getting fed up with spending so much time on 'maintainence' and planning journeys around torential downpours (kit car roofs are useless). drove a 5 and was amazed how well it felt, the handling is absolutely spot on, and it has a real old school feel that nothing else similar seems to have. I've popped a k&n typhoon on to get things started, and it now sounds like its got some old carbs under the bonnet - pure genius.

Looking for exhaust, so i'll post in the engine bit.

hello all

·
Previous Grand Master
2,536 Posts
Welcome.

Enjoy.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Welcome to Nutz matey

There are plenty of threads on here about exhaust choices, mx5parts is a good place to start. I've fitted a K&N Typhoon, and went for this exhaust: Mmmm, shiny.... It's a good option IMHO, not too loud on tickover, but sporty enough to sound awesome at higher revs - and not annoying at motorway speeds either

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i'll get some pics soon - interested to hear about the mx parts exhaust waveydavey - can it be heard nicely over the typhoon, it looks the part. was quiet suprised by the typhoon when i put it on
i've had pipercross on stuff before and they where a bit boomy all the time, the typhoon on the other hans has a nice note change depending on how hard your accelerating.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
i'll get some pics soon - interested to hear about the mx parts exhaust waveydavey - can it be heard nicely over the typhoon, it looks the part. was quiet suprised by the typhoon when i put it on
i've had pipercross on stuff before and they where a bit boomy all the time, the typhoon on the other hans has a nice note change depending on how hard your accelerating.
That exhaust just compliments the Typhoon perfectly in my opinion. Not boomy at any speed, but loud enough to sound sporty. I've uploaded a short video clip here, which might give you some idea: Shit quality video! When I stop at the traffic lights, the wind noise stops and you can hear the exhaust note a bit better.

One other small piece of advice, mx5parts occasionally have their exhausts on special offer, so if you can wait a while you might get lucky (I think mine was reduced to about ?140-ish quid 2 Christmases ago) Just sign up for their monthly email newsletter, which is worth doing anyway, and maybe you will get lucky

·
Registered
8,927 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cheers for exhaust info - got the typhhon from mx5 parts so i'll hopefully get sent some of their deals on the email, cracking next day service too.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
cheers for exhaust info - got the typhhon from mx5 parts so i'll hopefully get sent some of their deals on the email, cracking next day service too.
You won't get email updates unless you specifically register on their website mate

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Good stuff matey, the mx5parts emails are always welcome, and they don't bombard you with crap either, just decent deals** once a month

(** There was one exception last year, which turned into a bloody hilarious thread on here, but I can't seem to find it...)

Edit: Found the thread, it's here: Merry Christmas!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.