Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Offset stripes FTW!!!11
3,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to remove the wings without removing the front bumper?

I've got all of the bolts out (sheared a couple) but it seems there is a bolt at the top of the front of the wing that is only accessible with the bumper removed.

Surely this isn't the case, is it?

·
apologising from the heart of my bottom
5,805 Posts
you can get it off by prying the bumper back a little but you'll never get it back in unless you're very lucky.

if you've removed th 2 at the top of the wing at the front where the bumper is atteched then it's only a few mins to remove the bumper altogether as they are the main sticking point

·
Offset stripes FTW!!!11
3,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if you've removed th 2 at the top of the wing at the front where the bumper is atteched then it's only a few mins to remove the bumper altogether as they are the main sticking point
No, those two are still in and looking rather rusty. I've plusgassed them and I'll have a go tomorrow.

Why couldn't they have made it so the wing just comes off easily?

I suppose I'll be able to get at all the rusty bits when the front bumper is off I suppose. I might as well take the rear one off too when I'm de-rusting the rear wheel arches.

Cheers

·
Offset stripes FTW!!!11
3,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I'll just whip the bumper off so I can paint the waxoyl stuff all over the hard-to-reach places whilst I'm in there.

I wish I'd got that front bumper off you now Ron

1 - 5 of 5 Posts