Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,237 Posts
Mods, I hope this post is ok, I'm trying to be a good boy here
Before anyone jumps all over me, I'm not asking how much it's worth ! !!!!
I've been all over likes of auto trader/eBay etc.
The difference in prices makes no sense at all
Webuyanycar just take the proverbial
What I'm after, is a realistic price, if anyone "in the trade" could PM me, I could give you all my details via PM to remain within forum rules, so when I do come to sell it in February I can ask a fair price
Thanks in advance Ady

· Registered
594 Posts
I think it all boils down to how much you want to sell it.
My "must get rid" price would be a quarter of my " don't really want to sell it but the mrs wants me to" price

· Registered
589 Posts
Have a look at ads on Autotrader/Ebay and see how long the cars hang around for. If they are there for weeks the price is too high. I am looking at the moment and average prices for Mk1/2 (that actually sell) seem to be:

Mk1 £700-1200
Mk2 £900-1700

There is a lot of rubbish out there at the moment, particularly low mileage cars with obvious ropey sill/arch repairs being put up for a lot of money which is distorting things a bit.

· Oh, hai!
4,970 Posts
Pretty much that. You need to have a scour about the various markets and compare similar mileage/condition/modifications to yours. Mileage and condition are the big value changers. Mods add next to fuck all value to the car, regardless of what they cost, unless you're selling to someone who knows and appreciates what's on the car. Also, don't forget that the arse end of December is definitely the wrong time to be selling a convertible sports car so that has a negative effect on prices too.

So, have a nose about, think of a figure you want, then advertise it a few hundred above that to leave some headroom to negotiate. Be prepared to get less than you want.

· Registered
1,217 Posts
Just be careful when advertising that you don't put it too far above what you want/what it's worth as it may eliminate your ad from peoples search parameters. For example you want to get at least 1200 for your car, but you think it's worth 1400 so you put it up at 1750 expecting to be knocked down a bit.

Someone is looking for a car exactly like yours and has a maximum budget of 1500, enough to buy your car, and so puts that in as their maximum search price. Although you would be more than happy to accept 1400 for the car and they would be more than happy to pay that for it, the prospective buyer will never see your ad as you have priced it out of their search results.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.