Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Hello.

If you are intending to go to JAE next year and would like to use the hotels nearby I'll start having a chat to the Marriot and Best Western now and see if I get a discount sorted for bulk booking.

Can you please put your names down if you are interested?

eg. Two nights set me back (well my company) ?140 which includes an air-conditioned room, breakfast in the morning, telly and other mod cons

JuzzyP
Goldfish (aka Dave) + 1
whooperdooper + 1
Blackbullet (aka Jay) + 1
clare (provisional)
Firestar 3x (provisional)
Daz + 1
ColinK + 1
Shell + 1

·
The only " Dave in the village"
4,339 Posts
Hotel for next year? Not for me,camping is all part of the fun for me sunshine

Good idea to get a group buy going well in advance for those that don't want to camp though Juzzy

·
OBE
2,018 Posts
Where is the best wester justin??.

Im a manager of a bestwestern an might be able to get discount.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Where is the best wester justin??.

Im a manager of a bestwestern an might be able to get discount.
It's the Peterborough one right next to the showground, I know Mike H and Shell actually paid more than the Marriott, I'm onto the Marriott reservations office at the moment to see if I can secure something, will find out more next week.

We have three - is there anymore interested - ColinK, Daz, Jay, Mike H??

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Im still knackered - im really tempted for next year.
Booking into a hotel won't stop you being tired after the event
If you're in an hotel, you'll just stay later because you don't want to leave the stand in case you miss anything
You'll still be up early in the morning to get back to stand - in case you miss anything

If anything, you'll end up tireder - cleaner, maybe, but tireder (made up word
)

Plus - you've shelled out all that cash on good camping kit - it'll go to waste if you hotel it

·
Squashed Pears
4,659 Posts
Im still knackered - im really tempted for next year.
Booking into a hotel won't stop you being tired after the event
If you're in an hotel, you'll just stay later because you don't want to leave the stand in case you miss anything
You'll still be up early in the morning to get back to stand - in case you miss anything

If anything, you'll end up tireder - cleaner, maybe, but tireder (made up word
)

Plus - you've shelled out all that cash on good camping kit - it'll go to waste if you hotel it
[/quote]

My theory on the tiredness is that if im in the hotel I can lie in!

I couldnt really stay later on the stand than I already do, friday was 3 am, sat I was practically last man standing god alone knows what time it was.

I couldnt really acheive more tiredness unless I didnt sleep at all (5 hrs kip fri, 4 hrs kip sat - next night on a sofa! night prior to jae unable to sleep from over excitement)

But as is always the way with camping, i was awake early. Trouble is I feel guilty about the mess made the night before and get up as soon as Im awake to help clear up, so the hotel wont change this I guess, then I wont be bothered to go back for breakfast. Mind you in a hotel I wouldnt be able to hear ryan playing music early sunday morning (exactly how many times did i call him a tw*t for getting me up? - he took it all so well, what a star!)

As for clean, getting up fairly early on the sunday was good, there was no shower queue to speak of and the only folk in the q were fellow nutzers so we kept each other company while we waited.

ok ok ive convinced myself, its a tent job again next yr!

I did all this last yr too, promised myself a hotel etc etc , but I was once again in the tent!

·
Detects stupidity. Attacks without mercy.
13,839 Posts
I think its only acceptable to stay in the hotel if you are coming with a WAG and her staying in the hotel is the deal-breaker for you coming at all*.
Otherwise you should be out on the frontline with the troops!

*And dont think i wont be interrogating Ally about whether she minds camping next week, dave!

·
Tesco Value chicken fucker
3,735 Posts
Ally doesn't mind camping - It's me that's the delicate ladyboy! When I go camping it always rains, I can never sleep, I feel dirty (and the showers at JAE will not solve this - from what I saw I'd need a shower after using them), The tent is too cold or too hot or too humid. We don't have a tent or any other camping equipment with the exception of a rubber mallet, an inflatable mattress with a foot pump and some skanky plastic plates.

I had a couple of disastrous experiences while in the scouts and vowed I'd never go camping again, I was talked into camping for last years spring rally and it was truly abysmal and one of the single most depressing endeavours that I have experienced in many years.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Ally doesn't mind camping - It's me that's the delicate ladyboy! When I go camping it always rains, I can never sleep, I feel dirty (and the showers at JAE will not solve this - from what I saw I'd need a shower after using them), The tent is too cold or too hot or too humid. We don't have a tent or any other camping equipment with the exception of a rubber mallet, an inflatable mattress with a foot pump and some skanky plastic plates.

I had a couple of disastrous experiences while in the scouts and vowed I'd never go camping again, I was talked into camping for last years spring rally and it was truly abysmal and one of the single most depressing endeavours that I have experienced in many years.
You've been unlucky mate. Camping in good weather is teh ultimate. I had swingball in my boot and everything, but, alas the weather didn't lend itself to setting up the swingball and offering the bats to a couple of young filleys and setting up the deckchairs and cigars FTW. Maybe next year heh?

·
Going nowhere slowly
5,422 Posts
I think its only acceptable to stay in the hotel if you are coming with a WAG and her staying in the hotel is the deal-breaker for you coming at all*.
Otherwise you should be out on the frontline with the troops!
Ahmen to that brother...the swiming pool, sauna and a quick massage by sergeio is all part of Zoeys JAE experience

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Do I have anymore interest from the hotel, sorry guys I'm going to have to delete the anti-hotel posts so I can keep track of who wants the hotel.

Sorry for the mass deletion of posts but I need to keep this tidy so I know what's going on - thanks!

·
Super Moderator
22,535 Posts
Right that's it I'm retuning to Chiltern FM!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.