Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya, im Vicky from Durham, Ive been a member on here for ages, but forgot all about it until tonight.(i gave up trying to post my profile picture last time here, but ive managed to do it tonight)
Im not telling you my age, lets just say im at the wrong end of my 30's
My MX5 is a mk 3 1.8. I love him to bits and he has brought my driving skills on a treat! Ive never owned a back wheel drive car before i got Marcus.
I must say this place is full of quite good advice, not that i will be doing any tinkering myself, ill leave all that sort of stuff to my hubby.
Rgds
Vicky.x

· Registered
1,217 Posts
Hi Vicky, welcome to the Nutz house!

Is it common for women to call their cars boys names? I don't name cars but if I did I would use a girls name, as would most guys I think. Just wondering if it's a gender thing...

· Registered
47 Posts
Hiya Vicky, welcome to the forum! :)

Is it common for women to call their cars boys names? I don't name cars but if I did I would use a girls name, as would most guys I think. Just wondering if it's a gender thing...
No, my car is Poppy. Perhaps it's years of ingrained language teaching but cars, in my mind, are definitely female! Most of my friends, who aren't so 'into' their cars, seem to call them boys' names though. Sounds like some interesting research could be conducted!

· Registered
1,217 Posts
I'm going to apply for a government grant for research into gender stereotyping in cars and the effect this has on our modern day society...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.