Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I'm Alan from Pwllheli, Gwynedd. Decided that now's the time to take the plunge and get hold of a mk1 MX5, been wanting one for years but damn they hold their value! In the meantime I've had Civics, Celicas and even an Almera GTi but ultimately I think small roadster is what I want in my life, so here I am!

· Registered
487 Posts
Hi mate & Welcome to the Forum.

mk1 MX5, been wanting one for years but damn they hold their value!
I am confuse.
I've seen Mk1's for less than 400 quid all the way up to 3k, Where about's are you looking as there are untold about under a grand.

· Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mk1 MX5, been wanting one for years but damn they hold their value!
I am confuse.
I've seen Mk1's for less than 400 quid all the way up to 3k, Where about's are you looking as there are untold about under a grand.

[/quote]

£400? for something you can drive away legally and is actually in full compliance with the road traffic act? won't fall apart on the journey home? Point it my way please I'll snap it up!

Unless there's a source I've overlooked, I've perused every one I can and the ones in my budget are all either sheds, have crashed through ripspeed covered in ebo stick or are being sold by total cowboys. The one I really wanted sold this morning! :'-( It was a thing of beauty though so not surprised.

Oh and it has to be Mariner blue!

· Registered
1,557 Posts
Still got one of my Pulsars, should be back on the road again soon.

Have had a hankerin for a Mazda for a while now, its been slightly more involved than I imagined ownership being
though bought 2 in a month after discovering the first was rotten

So completely reshelled the car in 3 days...

· Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Still got one of my Pulsars, should be back on the road again soon.

Have had a hankerin for a Mazda for a while now, its been slightly more involved than I imagined ownership being
though bought 2 in a month after discovering the first was rotten

So completely reshelled the car in 3 days...
Sounds like my old Almera, rottwn to the core so swapped it before the MOT ran out! Lucky escape with that one!

I don't actually mind a bit of rust, as long as I know where it is and it can be sorted, usually means a bargain - mention rust in an ebay ad and you may as well not list it!

Think I've found a munter with a heart of gold, fingers crossed when I view it on Monday it's worthy of driving home in!

· Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I drove it home, too cheap to pass up on! Tomorrow the suspension will be getting some attention (far too hard) and the "choice" shall we say styling enhancements will be put where they should have been many years ago, in the skip!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.