Mazda MX-5 Miata banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
been on the forum for a year or two. Previously had a UK 1991 that sat in my dads garage for about three years waiting for me to refurb before admitting defeat and selling up. I have done a lot of reading here and now I have just taken on a 93 S-Limited that appeared for me to take on and bring back to life.It is fairly original apart from chrome head cover and still has gold BBS alloys which need a rim refurb tbh.

Its on 70k miles but will need a little bit of sill work and new bonnet and maybe a wing or two and a door to get back to life. Interior mint and mechanicals seem spot on so it will be a nice wee project for me to get her back to pris(looks like someone shut the bonnet with a toolbox on the rocker head. tine condition.It will now live in my garage and should not need to see the rain again as it will now become a Sunday car

All in all its a good starter for me and a much better bet for a few years life than my old UK one.

·
Early Man
3,324 Posts
Welcome Flood, that's a brace of newbie scots today. Did you get your fuel flap problem sorted?

·
Registered
322 Posts
I like the red interior but it's maybe just because it's leather.

Nice motor.

Whereabouts in Scotland are you.

Cheers

Brian

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome Flood, that's a brace of newbie scots today. Did you get your fuel flap problem sorted?
hi,
I have managed to half sort it!

It now opens but wont shut without lifting the lever. Car has not been used much recently so it will hopefully loosen off.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like the red interior but it's maybe just because it's leather.

Nice motor.

Whereabouts in Scotland are you.

Cheers

Brian
Cheers

I stay in Kilmarnock, but work in Edinburgh so will be occasionally taking it for a blast through on Fridays when the sun is shining. Will need to ensure it wont rain though as roof has a few wee holes, so will be looking into fitting maroon mohair roof later in year to match interior.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Looks really nice.

I miss my S-lTd, wana swap the steering wheel for a wooden Momo?

Or the red leather seats for worn out cloth while you're at it?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts