Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Early Man
3,362 Posts
Welcome back. There are some but most you would remember are absent, ghosts of the Random Disclosure Thread from yesteryear. I fairly recently resumed mx-5 ownership after something like 7 years. The biggest difference between then and now is the difficulty contorting myself around the interior (he says after hours wrestling in a new soft top and feeling many aches in so many places). Still brilliant fun cars - get another one.

·
XIII and counting. ..
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I think in white, the right car with the right mods can look really good.

Still not driven one though.
Two friends had one. One LHD and one RHD, but sadly both where 1.8 with out LSD. Great car to drive, not as nimble feeling as NA, but much better as a car. Also drove one 2.0 from UK to Finland. Club member crash'd he's NC that was fully on car loan and no track day insurance. Told not to do it and 15 minutes later he's 15k€ car became 25k€ car that sold for 11k€ after repairs. Driving it home on sunny Germany I drop'd the roof down, stuck my in ear monitors in and kept the foot on the floor for whole 22 minutes of Kraftwerk's Autobahn on Autobahn. Good memories.

·
Early Man
3,362 Posts
I had a stormy blue NC for a while a few years ago. Beautiful car. I stuck some Meister's on it and it was a delight to drive. Obviously a more refined car than an NA or NB so less raw feeling but that was not necessarily a bad thing - sometimes I wanted something more analogue feeling, other times I was very glad that it felt more modern, more comfortable, played music that I could actually hear, and had safety features that were a decade more advanced.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts