Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a 20 year old, with one year no claims.

I'm looking to spend between 1,000 and 1,500 pound. I know insurance will be loads but i think its time to say goodbye to my 1.0 polo and mx-5's are just damn sexy.

·
Offset stripes FTW!!!11
3,672 Posts
Tattoo-ron has just sold a decent MK1 for about ?700 on here IIRC.

Spend as little as you can as you're going to be well screwed for insurance as you say. You'll need as much spare cash left over as possible!

Just make sure it runs well and doesn't have rotten sills. Early cars have the weaker short nosed cranks, so a 1992 and on could be better.

·
4 Speed, 4 Star
2,789 Posts
Mid 1991 onwards for the longer crank.

Easy to spot as the pully will have 4 notches iirc and the long will have more....(6,8???)

·
Offset stripes FTW!!!11
3,672 Posts
Mid 1991 onwards for the longer crank.

Easy to spot as the pully will have 4 notches iirc and the long will have more....(6,8???)
1992 on is even easier to spot for someone that doesn't know what a crank is though

·
Registered
97 Posts
As above a 1992ish Mk1, compare insurance quotes for import and UK cars.

Also,if you pick up a car for peanuts(?800-?900), you can fully comp it with an ultra high excess (?1000 or something like that) This will normally be cheaper than Third Party, Fire and Theft cover.
If you have a fault claim, you just cut your losses and buy another car. (You only pay the excess on your own vehicles repair.)

·
Registered
888 Posts
Hi Matt.

TPFT is Third Party Fire & Theft.

To all others, I converted Matt to an MX5 lover yesterday. I took him out in mine and showed hm what they are all about. He was amazed to say the least even though mine is in std form.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.