Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, i'm Eric from switzerland, i know this forum from mx5France.

this is pics of mx cars when i both it in May 2011

this is a mx5 of 97

then, i start to get some idea...

i start in a first time by change the wheel, i choice de team dynamics prorate 1.2, in black mat finiton

the result on the car

i let the rim in black only 1 summer then i change

for the moment the car is like this

now i try to look for a strut brace in England, but really difficult to find a seller who is accept to send it in switzerland

i'll gonna put the short spring in 1 month

i sorry if i make some false, my english is really not perfect i only lear english for 2 years

·
少し ロバ
1,990 Posts
Welcome Eric.

Personally I'd save my money looking for an upper strut tower brace they have been proven not to improve rigidity a great deal, lower bracing on a 1.6 is a far more worth while course of action.

Have a look at here:http://www.ultraracing-switzerland.ch/kontakt.html

·
The nutzer formerly known as Fenix
1,578 Posts
Hi, Welcome to the forums.

Where in Switzerland do you live? My sister lives in Schaffhausen.

I'm surprised that no-one will send parts out to you. I've sent parts all over the world in the past without any issue.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi

thank's drevv for the link ! but my probleme is with the aftermarket i can't pass the technical control

it's why i'm looking for oem parts

fenix : i live near montreux

i contact this seller for this brace, but he doesn't want send out of englend -->http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/mazda-mx-5-mx5-eunos-genuine-japanese-engine-brace-bar-chassis-stiffener-FREEPOS-/261147217651?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3ccd964ef3

so i have to wait or find a other solution

·
少し ロバ
1,990 Posts
Oh, thats not good.

My advice then would be to find OEM under bracing from a 1.8 car.

·
Registered
10,255 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Montruex is a lovely place, I spend quite a bit of time in Verbier each year, but I've got an injury currently so don't think I'll make it this year

Cars looking good, but it needs lowering to make it look even better.

·
I like turtles.
1,481 Posts
Looks nice Eric!

I lived in Villars for 3 years and am actually up here at the moment, skiing!

Surprised people won't send to you however i can sort of understand as Switzerland isn't part of the EU... It was the same as when my dad wanted to buy a Caterham 7 when we lived in Porrentruy however Switzerland is the only country that they will not ship to within Europe

Bonne chance mon ami!

·
I like turtles.
1,481 Posts
Only once a year i'm afraid and at christmas so not back out here for a while :/

Would love to but driving back tomorrow so afraid i've just missed the chance!

Keep the faith though, people will post to you if you get from the right places

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
I can't understand why people don't want to send things to other people... it's madness!

I have this VERY small little 'business' of sorts and I have recently sent things to Australia, Lithuania, Croatia, The Czech Republic, Denmark and Spain. All of them arrived with no issues and usually quicker than the stated delivery times.

Of course you could always find lots of bits you wanted, buy them and then make an epic road trip to the UK to pick them all up...

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i don't know, but a lot of time, when i find a good part, i send a mail to the seller for ask how many is the postage to switzerland, and i got the answer.. England only..

make a trip for take them all up it's a good idea, but too expensive..

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.