Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello again, I joined this forum years ago, but I don't think I ever posted... I bought a few bits from advertisers here and I've searched and learned things from others' threads...thank you.

I've had a few MX5s over the last 20 years: 3 road going NAs, 1 stripped and gently modified NA for learning track day skills, 2 NBs and I built an Exocet from an NA. I recently bought a 2 litre Sport Tech NC, which needs a couple of repairs...then it will be my daily driver. My daily for the last couple of years has been a 3 litre BMW S4, which is a nice thing and it's ultimately quite quick, but it's heavy and feels much less engaging than the MX5s I've owned. I'm hoping that the MK3.5 will please me for a while.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you!

I've never actually driven an NC, but I've chased one for several laps at Bedford and I was impressed. He was an excellent driver, but his 2 litre NC was far more stable and well balanced than the NB that I was thrashing desperately trying to keep up. I caught up with him in the pits. He was an instructor, in his own car on his day off. His car had nice coilovers and tyres, but was otherwise standard.

My brother has a 2 litre sport NDRF. It's delightful and it was the catalyst for me buying another MX5...albeit on a smaller budget!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts