Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
came home from uni today (didnt take the car).. as i walked past my car i could see one of the headlights wasn't closed properly. so i get the keys and open the car. i press the dash button to raise the lights.. nothing. then put the keys in and turn.. nothing.
so i presume the battery is dead because of light not being closed properly. so i pop the bonnet and check under the lights. one of my stanley knifes has stopped it from closing fully. god knows how long its been there for. its been a few weeks since iv worked under the bonnet and cant ever remember using a stanley knife!

kind of frustrating as i needed the car tonight. lesson learned dont leave tools in the engine bay!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Haha I'm pretty sure you're not the first.

In fact I know you're not. I left a screwdriver resting on the radiator last weekend, and just remembered as I began to slam the bonnet shut. I winced, expecting to see a screwdriver shaped dent in it but luckily it was just below the line of the bump stop.

Also found a spanner hanging off a nut underneath a car once - after a 25 mile journey back from a garage

·
Ecosse
3,884 Posts
Never mind Rory.
I did an oil change on my Opel Monza and failed to pop the filler cap back on. Wondered what the clouds of white smoke was on the motorway...5 & half litres worth

Good rust proofing for the engine bay though.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
im not sure Ron will ever live leaving a hammer under Gina's bonnet down

not as long as I'm here to remind everyone anyway

1 - 5 of 5 Posts