Mazda MX-5 Miata banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I logged onto ebay and saw some satin vent rings for sale with only a few minutes to go. Thinking "I could do with those" I put a bid down and won them... But only just after paying for it it dawned on me that these might not actually be alloy vent rings at all but just some normal plastic vents with the edges sprayed silver.... Not much I can do about it now other than dwell on how much of a tit I am!

Here they are:

Link

·
spending too much money
1,176 Posts
tbh even if they are just sprayed silver they look dam nice, would prefer them to my TT chrome cover thingys.

More of a classy look instead of boreline tacky

·
Daddys little soldier!
1,712 Posts
I'd like to say that they're what you want them to be but to be honest I think ur right in what you suspect.

I hope they are proper vent rings. At least you get the vents complete from a 2.5 so they won't be droopy.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
if they look like the ones in the picture anf you got em for 20 notes I'd say you've done ok even if they are just coloured in.

I'd imagine you could pay more than that for a set of nearly new replacements in boggo black plastic, a set of proper brushed ally ones isn't even remotely cheap and even the stick on stainless ring sets are more than that.

could be a lot worse

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I messaged him anyway and he sent this:

No these are genuine complete mazda MX5 vents from a 04 plate vt special and not stick on overlay

I guess I'll be getting reasonable quality silver surrounds but still in plastic.. We'll see anyway. He does actually have a set of satin alloy rings for sale but not sure if I want to be spending more money.. :/

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
They look a lot like a set I sold ages ago, which I personally sprayed silver. Hope not as I didn't do a great job

But hey, at least they are "Genuine JDM"!

·
Registered
8,927 Posts

No these are genuine complete mazda MX5 vents from a 04 plate vt special and not stick on overlay

I guess I'll be getting reasonable quality silver surrounds but still in plastic.. We'll see anyway. He does actually have a set of satin alloy rings for sale but not sure if I want to be spending more money.. :/
Go the whole hog.......get the rings too....3 mins to go

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Go the whole hog.......get the rings too....3 mins to go
[/quote]

Yeah, I went for it anyway and bought them! I just need to hide this ebay calamity from the other half!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts