Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, i'm currently poodling around on a CBF 125 & i'll be taking my direct access in February. It's my Birthday today & the Mrs has been a bit vague recently with what she was getting me. I live local to my place of work so I cycle every day. So, you can imagine my surprise when I popped open the garage door this morning to find this:

bike_zpsab21a7eb.jpg

bike1_zps87222944.jpg

bike2_zps5db318b9.jpg

I literally screamed like a little kid (I'm 38). While we were out for dinner last night, my best friend & work colleague (motorcycle lecturer) dropped the bike off! Unknown to me it had been in the workshop for the past month!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've been on the 125 since June. I wanted to make sure I got in as much practice as possible. It's been quite funny chasing after my colleagues on their 'busa's, R1'S, CBR's & ZXR's!!

·
Registered
351 Posts
Can't wait for the stability! Get blown around all over the place on the CBF!
I hated this on my CG125! Wind direction could have a big effect on your riding. Gusting cross winds could be dangerous in some situations and head winds seriously reduce your top speed. I remember heading home down a long straight with the wind behind me I was able to get an indicated 70mph on the little CG125! A feat I was never able to replicate.

I moved onto a 2007 ZX6R which would hit the red line in first gear at 16500rpm doing 87mph, mind blowing after 4 stroke 125s.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Congrats on the Fazer, pretty much the twin sister to my thundercat. Absolutely bulletproof bikes, the only fault is second gear which is still a fairly easy fix. You'll easily keep up with your friends on that, at least at legal speeds!

·
Registered
130 Posts
I had one of these for my first bike, same colour too. I fitted a Fuel can, gel pack seat and a slightly higher screen and used to travel for hours. Alot of fun if you just want a blast too. First change I made though was to fit a second socket so you could use both headlights, made a big difference at night.

IMG_9431_zpswnxvxsap.jpg

Then after someone pulled across the road in front of me and wrote it off (and me too!), I went to the next level...Fazer 1000...

Fuel%20Can%202_zpswl8sy1xp.jpg

·
Registered
388 Posts
as above if you had not already put a ring on her finger i would say marry her well done sir.

steve

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.