Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a quick search but couldn't find anything.

Came out to the car tonight, (mk1) to find the handbrake light in the dials wouldn't go off when the handbrake was down.
It doesn't feel like the handbrake is sticking. But the light is annoying me. Where is the switch located? And has anyone had this problem before?

Thanks in advance, Todd.

· Registered
775 Posts

Came out to the car tonight, (mk1) to find the handbrake light in the dials wouldn't go off when the handbrake was down.
It doesn't feel like the handbrake is sticking. But the light is annoying me. Where is the switch located? And has anyone had this problem before?

Thanks in advance, Todd.
The switch is located at the base of the handbrake lever. You will need to remove the centre console to reach it. The wire can very easily be trapped and short to earth if the console has been refitted carelessly. However, if I remember correctly the same warning light is activated by low brake fluid. Check that first.
Regards Geoff Peace.

· Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Thanks in advance, Todd.
The switch is located at the base of the handbrake lever. You will need to remove the centre console to reach it. The wire can very easily be trapped and short to earth if the console has been refitted carelessly. However, if I remember correctly the same warning light is activated by low brake fluid. Check that first.
Regards Geoff Peace.
[/quote]

Thanks Geoff, i thought i better check the brake fluid and it was just above the minimum topped it up and its fine now. No more light. Just going to watch out for leaks but hopefully will be ok. Thanks for your quick response.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.