Mazda MX-5 Miata banner

Grinding On Full Lock

596 Views 4 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Andy64
Anyone got an idea what might be causing the occasional grinding noise I'm getting when the steering is on full lock.

The pads and discs were changed about 5-6000 miles ago, so I don't think there's a wear problem, but I can feel it through the brake pedal. There is no grinding at all when braking in a straight line or when turning, and the car stays nice and straight when I brake - no pulling or drifting to either side

I first noticed it after I had the alignment done just before Christmas (WIM Fast Road settings), and it only does it every now and then. When I had the alignment done, the steering wheel was about a third of a turn out, this was corrected during the set-up, is there anything that could have been done to cause this??

Cheers
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
mines just bloody started doing this.
I'll be the pads (or pad springs or something around that area).
I had something similar. Turned out I had lost all my power steering fluid. Might be worth a look.
my KA did this, it was a leak in the power steering. Turned out to be the steering column itself
See less See more
Hmm, I'll check that, it's been a while since I had the bonnet open

Cheers
See less See more
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.