Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not a beloved 5 but a Lotus Esprit Turbo?... Not everyone's cup of tea i agree but i grew up in the James Bond/ Cannonball run Lotus/ Lambo era so given the chance i wanted one of these cars..... And i had the chance.

Looks fantastic, loads of turbo power but handles absolutely pants, bolts left and right without warning so a really hard drive..... Maybe a 5 would have been a better option, if only Bond drove one!

·
The only " Dave in the village"
4,339 Posts
Nice one Tony
, i will look forward to seeing it next time we meet

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
you know the rules Tony
so get the pic's up

michael

·
Mine's a Beer
1,682 Posts
Enjoy it while it works

I've had 3 lotus cars in the past including 2 esprits and they have all been a complete pain in the arse and as unreliable as they are famed for

All worth it though for the days they did actually work

·
Previous Grand Master
2,536 Posts
make with the pictures already!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Not a beloved 5 but a Lotus Esprit Turbo?... Not everyone's cup of tea i agree but i grew up in the James Bond/ Cannonball run Lotus/ Lambo era so given the chance i wanted one of these cars..... And i had the chance.

Looks fantastic, loads of turbo power but handles absolutely pants, bolts left and right without warning so a really hard drive..... Maybe a 5 would have been a better option, if only Bond drove one!
Nice, always good to score one of the things you had as an Athena poster on your wall eh. Now go out and get that chick that was scratching her arse while walking across the tennis court.

Regarding the dartiness, check out the rear suspension. Isn't there a bloody great bush on the front of the trailing link with a massive bolt through it. If that goes baggy lots of interesting things could happen.

Awesome cars when they work though. Enjoy. Which Series is it?

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Nice, always good to score one of the things you had as an Athena poster on your wall eh. Now go out and get that chick that was scratching her arse while walking across the tennis court.

Regarding the dartiness, check out the rear suspension. Isn't there a bloody great bush on the front of the trailing link with a massive bolt through it. If that goes baggy lots of interesting things could happen.

Awesome cars when they work though. Enjoy. Which Series is it?
[/quote]

Going to check all this Monday back at the centre. I hope this is all good because the car passed it's MOT last Monday? I'm hoping the reason is the soft front tyres, which the owner confessed where soft because he couldn't remove the lockable dust caps?

Not sure of the series but it's the last of the 2.2L carburated turbo before they moved to injection..... 1991 model.

This is the first petrol turbo i've ever owned and boy does it kick, on the way home i hit the throttle and bottled at 120mph (private road obviously) the dump valve is humorous..... It sounds like Daffy Duck with a cough.... Love it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.