quick run down of what i plan to do for you tomorrow:

drop coolant via bottom rad hose.
pull top hose.
unbolt rad, diconnect fans and remove.

Undo coil pack.
Take of cam cover
Remove accessory belts
Remove cam belt covers.
Remove waterpump pulley, crank accesory pulley.

Remove lower half of cam cover

Remove cambelt and then crank and cam pulleys.

Remove Idler and Tensioner pulleys

Remove front engine seals (3 in total) and refit new ones.

Remove cas and fit new o ring and refit.

Refit pulleys and cambelt and tensioners etc..

Put it all back together with cambelt at correct tension and all bolts torqued correctly.

Let you have a look over my 2 motors and maybe have a go in 1

Then take a look at your interior lights or lack of to see if we can do anything quick and easy and anything else you fancy really.

Think thats about it.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Looks bloody scary to me. But then again fitting a break caliper seemed hard when you look at the pictures. I was out the back of my house working on the 5 and a guy next door was working on a BMW, trying to fit a alternator, Well half the engine is BM the bit with the alternator is Rover he was sitting on top of the engine, leaning over trying to fit a bolt, took him hours. 5s are so easy. Ill post pictures of the cambelt job if anyone is interested. Or ill just swap my car for one of Skuzzles and take that home.

Steve

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
You can always tell that something isn't right if it takes hours to fit a single bolt.

If the holes aren't alligned, take it off, think it over and try again..... or suffer the consequences of stripped threads & warped fittings.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.