Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright Peeps

New to the site, bought my first MX5 and RWD car a month back, been looking through people threads and that and now finally decided to make my own

so firstly lil on the spec

1995 1.8 UK model MK1

no power steering
ABS
or
Electrics

was originally blue but previous over wrapped it.....was covering the repaired arches and what not....paint underneath was shocking.

heres a snaps of how i got her

had no money for a while with it being close to christmas when i got her, needed more for frisking present lol
but finally got some pretty much brand new raceland coilovers for £120 and they were local! BONUS, got them home and first thing to go was the helpers and bumpstops....cyaaaaa bud.

slapped them on the next day and decided i didnt want the wrap on the come no more.....took it off and rattle canned the whole car satin black.....5 cans later sprayed her in the dark. RESULT!, my mate with his daily mx5 came round to see it and he took a few snaps, i even tried his hardtop on which im going to purchase when he sells the car

them borrowed some wheels to sit her on for now instead of the daisy's

plans for the future you say?

; Hardtop.
Wheels (Gonna be Wide and have Stretch)
GV Lip
Ducktail Spoiler
Welded Diff
Few other bits and bobs

thats all for now

C&C welcomed

Gav.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I use a welded daily and you get used to it. If you intend to drift then I would highly recommend it.

It does chirp at low speed tight corners but you find ways to overcome that. I try and find the way to turn the least.

·
Registered
626 Posts
.....and it's ruined.
Expand.....i would like to know why you think its ruined? (dont mean this in a angry way)
[/quote]

Ok - obviously please don't take offence, as I didn't mean it as a personal slur.

Personally I don't class slamming a car to the ground on cheap suspension with (what seems like) no regard for the handling characteristics of the car (the main strength of the car) as "tasteful modification. My other gripe is that it's been painted cheaply with rattle cans in the dark and larger wheels slapped on.

Feel free to tell me to piss off or call me a tosser, but it seems as though you have the same plans as everyone else, ie slam it to the floor and install a GV lip, ducktail, welded diff and stretched tyres. unfortunately it does not a good car make.

Don't get me wrong, I like a modified car as much as the next guy, but it'd be nice to see some individuality on here.

Again, it's not directed at you, just a general rant in the "poorly modified cars" direction.

·
Registered
14 Posts
.....and it's ruined.
Expand.....i would like to know why you think its ruined? (dont mean this in a angry way)
[/quote]

Ok - obviously please don't take offence, as I didn't mean it as a personal slur.

Personally I don't class slamming a car to the ground on cheap suspension with (what seems like) no regard for the handling characteristics of the car (the main strength of the car) as "tasteful modification. My other gripe is that it's been painted cheaply with rattle cans in the dark and larger wheels slapped on.

Feel free to tell me to piss off or call me a tosser, but it seems as though you have the same plans as everyone else, ie slam it to the floor and install a GV lip, ducktail, welded diff and stretched tyres. unfortunately it does not a good car make.

Don't get me wrong, I like a modified car as much as the next guy, but it'd be nice to see some individuality on here.

Again, it's not directed at you, just a general rant in the "poorly modified cars" direction.
[/quote]

hahaha, no probz everybody has there own style of modify there cars, i like both Stance and Function mate

i.e my last car.....my civic which i miss dearly

Function.

was on Miester R's, B16a, Mugen 4 Branch, Tegiwa Carbon induction, Spoon N1 and mapped by a local Honda enthusiast is was no slouch!, handled beautifully on B-roads, a dream to drive

and then the Stancey side.

police pulled us over said i was too low.

cheap coilovers and paint is because money is tight atm,

many people come down the same route but do they do it right is another question.

·
Registered
244 Posts
ive heard of welded diffs and not quite sure what you weld, do you weld the planet gears to the casing to stop them rotating? if so then surely every corner you go around you will get scrubbing and the car would want to drift, which i know is what you want when drifting lol
but when driving to work in the morn, couldnt that be dangerous and a pain?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.