Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all.

Forgive my ignorance but how do I add a signature to my profile?

I've looked in the help and it all points to a signature option that I simply dont have.

do you need to have so many posts for this or is it a members only/mystery item or am I just missing something?

I've emailed the contact page but had no reply...

Thanks in advance
Kev

·
Detects stupidity. Attacks without mercy.
13,839 Posts
Click your picture in the top right of the screen. Go to "My Settings", then choose the "Profile" tab, then "Change Signature". Easy Peasy.
Just keep it a reasonable size so people dont get RSI scrolling through posts, theres a good chap.

·
Premium Member
18,089 Posts
'emailing the contact page' goes to me directly, my own personal email account. Please don't email it with petty questions like this, at best you'll be ignored at worst you'll get a gobful of sarcasm. It's there as a last resort for people who can't log on to the board due to a problem with their account, not for silly questions.

Daz

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
'emailing the contact page' goes to me directly, my own personal email account. Please don't email it with petty questions like this, at best you'll be ignored at worst you'll get a gobful of sarcasm. It's there as a last resort for people who can't log on to the board due to a problem with their account, not for silly questions.

Daz
perhaps you should change who it emails.... its obviously too much for you to deal with.

Thanks for the replies earlier, it was definitely missing prior to today. and was a genuine question from a guy who runs an owners club themselves and is well aware of how to use forum software!

·
Premium Member
18,089 Posts
The fact remains that the best place for questions relating to the forum are obviously on the forum.

Sorry, but using an emergency contact link for questions that can be asked on the forum is wrong. It's like all your customers at work turning up at your house to ask you about 'oh just one more thing'.

I'll leave it there for the 1 in 100 genuine emails I get from someone having trouble, and ignore the other 90-odd 'Why can't I post in the for sale forum?' questions.

Daz

·
Registered
702 Posts
Apologies!

I took "contact us" to mean just that, I didn't realise it really meant "Emergency Contact Link"

I did also post up on the forum failing any response, to be honest it seem'd too daft of a question to warrant a forum post.

I'll keep my hands away from my mouse buttons incase I click anywhere else I shouldnt!!

·
Registered
8,237 Posts
The option is missing from mine too.

I click on my profile but I can only see the same things as when I click on someone elses.

It used to be there as I've changed it before but have been unable to update it for months.

·
Premium Member
18,089 Posts
New members can't add them as it's disabled - this is from when we had spammers, they'd include links to their dodgy pron sites in their sigs. I can probably take that off now as we seem to have them under control for the moment.

I don't know why some members can't edit their sigs. You should be able to.

Daz

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
The option is missing from mine too.

I click on my profile but I can only see the same things as when I click on someone elses.

It used to be there as I've changed it before but have been unable to update it for months.
If you click on my profile you do just get the stock view. You have to click on 'my settings' to change stuff like sig and avatar etc. It brings up a screen then click my profile (to the left of setting when it comes up).

·
Registered
415 Posts
Evening all.

Forgive my ignorance but how do I add a signature to my profile?

I've looked in the help and it all points to a signature option that I simply dont have.

do you need to have so many posts for this or is it a members only/mystery item or am I just missing something?

I've emailed the contact page but had no reply...

Thanks in advance
Kev

·
Registered
415 Posts
yep me too,i cant get one either..just read the comments also about the contact us...very harsh welcome to a newbie mr forum runner...

i appreciate it may annoy you getting lots of junk mail...perhaps it may be an idea to use a seperate mail box purely for here so it does'nt?and that way you can screen what you want..what may seem daft to you could be driving someone crackers trying to use a site the have no idea how to use...and want to participate in,

regards

Tim

·
Premium Member
18,089 Posts
yep me too,i cant get one either..just read the comments also about the contact us...very harsh welcome to a newbie mr forum runner...

i appreciate it may annoy you getting lots of junk mail...perhaps it may be an idea to use a seperate mail box purely for here so it does'nt?and that way you can screen what you want..what may seem daft to you could be driving someone crackers trying to use a site the have no idea how to use...and want to participate in,

regards

Tim
My point is that it's a forum. Ask on the forum. It wasn't a 'welcome to a newbie' it was answering a specific point. If someone has a genuine problem posting or registering I'll help them out best I can, if it's being used for a purpose it's not supposed to be used for then it's abusing the system. Just because you can do something doesn't mean that you should. I don't see why I have to go out of my way to be considerate to someone who has not shown me the same courtesy.

This is a general point (because it does happen a lot) not aimed at anyone in particular.

Daz

·
Premium Member
18,089 Posts
I don't see why I have to go out of my way to be considerate to someone who has not shown me the same courtesy.
Unfortunately that's the responsibility you take on as a forum owner if you don't put something in place to do otherwise!!
[/quote]

Why? What a bizarre and selfish thing to say.

I'll remove the contact link then. That'll resolve the problem, following your logic

Do you call 999 to get your cat out of the tree?

Daz

·
MARK AT TOTAL MX5 REPAIRS
5,726 Posts
New members can't add them as it's disabled - this is from when we had spammers, they'd include links to their dodgy pron sites in their sigs. I can probably take that off now as we seem to have them under control for the moment.
daz can i send an email as i cant find any of the PRON sites you mention..

and im now getting desperate

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.