Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
VVT swapped NA & TD04 turbo NB
633 Posts
213bhp at the wheels
These two things are not the same, if the print out was 213hp measured at the wheels then well done. But I suspect its much more likely to be 213bhp which is measured before drive train loss and would be the expected figure for a very conservative 9psi

Anyways up, back to your issues

PAS sounds like it's been fucked around with too much, do you know what's actually caused it to break? Has it over pressured and blown?

Also picked up a new genuine crank sensor to play with.
Wow - look at money bags over here haha! They aren't cheap lol. There's a list of other things to try, but I would have started with the laptop.

Get the laptop connected and see if the ECU is syncing with the ignition on, to MEITE before you spend any more cash.
If it isn't then you have an issue with getting power to the ECU, which is likely main relay, broken board or another fuse.

EDIT: did you get any misfiring on the way home? under wide open throttle?

· Registered
VVT swapped NA & TD04 turbo NB
633 Posts
That PAS pipe is easily solved, plenty of methods for attaching the pipe more securely. It is high pressure after all so might need something more robust.

Mine and a friends MK2 struggles to start due to battery wear. The fact that the car has started in this temperate us reason enough to believe the car is OK I would say. I'd be happy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts