Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 20 of 394 Posts

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd post a couple of pics up of Rons (aka 'Fox') handy work on flocking my dial-cowel and steering column shroud.

If you haven't thought about getting bits flocked, do it!!
Would happily recommend Ron to anyone

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Did you just live without the cowling whilst it was away being flocked? is the car uneffected by not having it there for a few days?

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My car was off the road as the MOT had expired. regardless of that, it makes no difference driving without the trim there; it's just plastic so won't affect the car in any way.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
looks very good, breaks up the look of the dash....think I have to add this to my list of things to try.....so many things to do, so little time !

·
Registered
347 Posts
Can I ask how much it cost?

·
apologising from the heart of my bottom
5,805 Posts
dont dust stick to it? i imagine wiping it with a cloth and more bits getting stuck to it lol
good point i'm slack at dedusting when i come to clean it will it be like hitting your grannies sofa & watching the dust 'plume out'

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
That looks awesome I wanna get mine done in red!!
Do it! Totally worth it!! Rons work on his own interior...

looks amazing in the flesh.

You'll have to ask Ron how much he'd charge for it as he didn't charge me for it, Chad.
I haven't had it on for long so haven't had a chance to see how much dust does/doesn't stick to it, Alison. I think a wet-cloth/wipe would do the job though

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
If anyones interested PM me your email addy and I'll send you a price list, and details of the process.

Flock can collect a bit of fluff but once the roof down it'll soon go. But seriously it's very easy to keep clean. Damp cloth or hooverbrush and it's clean. Just brush your hand across it and just about anything dust/fluff wise will brush off.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
dont dust stick to it? i imagine wiping it with a cloth and more bits getting stuck to it lol
The flock is very soft so fluff from a damp cloth does'nt catch on it. Dust will sink into the flock then blow away once you get the top down. Greasy marks can be wiped off with a soapy cloth. Let's face it, flocked tee shirt designes are put through the washing machine.

·
Less Traction, More Action!
947 Posts
Ron's also done a bloody fantastic job of my cowl and shroud which I'm over the moon with. It's an absolutely faultless finish, and it feels lovely! It really doesn't pick up dust like you'd expect either, and it wipes clean super easy. Much nicer driving around without the glare of the shiney cowl reflecting off the screen.

I just lived without the plastic bits for a day, nothings really effected, it's just a bit of plastic to cover the dials. He does a very quick turnaround, he had my parts about 3pm and I picked them up early the next morning

Here's mine;

Cheers again Ron! Definately recommend him, and his prices are MUCH better than other flocking companys I've seen on the net.

·
Less Traction, More Action!
947 Posts
His colour selection is over 40 colours, so pretty much anything. And you can have mixed colour designs etc.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I know I should'nt but I could'nt help putting this up. I am so pleased with the way it turned out.

It's the underside of my own hard top. Looks awsome, quietens the inside and no more condensation...and looks pretty damn good if I say so myself.

·
was b0builder
6,502 Posts
even the wife thinks that is cool

1 - 20 of 394 Posts