Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took a couple of pics this weekend since I've had the roof off. The car is pretty much as I got it with the factory BBS rims, Factory Bilsteins etc. It also came with RB springs and catback.

So far I've given it a damn good clean, new discs and pads from Mx5parts, added the blue mats, a momo knob i had in the drawer, ebay gaitors, Alpine HU running the iPod, new speakers, and the Di-Noc carbon dash details which I think looks great given it only cost 4quid and a couple of hours!

Next on the list is a OEM front lip which may also get wrapped in Di-Noc carbon film and maybe painting the cam cover...

·
Registered
145 Posts
Thanks for the comments

It's not as clean as it looks in the pictures - usual stuff - a few marks, scratches and parking dents but does look very presentable for it's age. Seems to pick up a new mark every time i drive it!

It's only done 70,000km so drives great, really tight and responsive. Got back from a 500mile round trip last night up to Scotland and back. Other than being a bit sore I had a great time driving there and back, only bad points were hitting my head on the hardtop after a big dip in an A-Road (Hurt like a bastard!) and having the 5 sprayed with debris from a truck on the M6...

As for the Di-Noc stuff, not sure if i could really do a guide as its more a case of sticking in on and cutting round the controls with a good knife! My only advice would be to take your time, clean everything thoroughly first as dust is the enemy where adhesive is concerned and use the hairdryer on tight bends. It is pretty cool though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts